My Daiko Burroughs BRSC-64L rod has arrived

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Vidar6
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

My Daiko Burroughs BRSC-64L rod has arrived

Post by Vidar6 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:03 am

My Daiko Burroughs BRSC-64L did arrive a while ago and boy, am I impressed :) :)

I already knew from my other Daiko rods that the build quality and attention to detail would be as good as any of my JDM rods, but what really impresses me is its extraordinary responsiveness & sensitivity. The BRSC-64L is noticeable faster in action, with a lighter tip than my Daiwa Limited Edition Pixy rod, but has a more than acceptable backbone to wrestle fish with.

This is simply a great light action soft plastics rod :D :D

Of course, in line with the gospel taught by our dark lord I could not leave this rod on it’s own, without a suitable partner, so I just had to buy a Conquest 51S for it. :evil: :evil: :big grin: :big grin:
Last edited by Vidar6 on Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My Daiko Burroughs BRSC-64L rod has arrived

Post by Cal » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:54 am

sweet Vidar! Is that BRSC-64L a spiral or conventional wrap?
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

skinhead
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by skinhead » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:10 am

Vidar,

I'm glad you like the Daiko and hope you put it to good use.

You managed to whet my appetite for a JDM rod with your much appreciated input on the Pike & Pred's site. In your experience which would be the better bet out of the following:

Palms Jade Mirror Cross Stream JCGS-60L 6' 3-6g
Daiko Burroughs BRSS-60L 6' 0.875-7g

Also, do Megabass do an equivalent of the above? Preferably available from plat as they seem to have a good reputation.

I didn't intend to hijack the thread.

Simon

Vidar6
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Vidar6 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:15 am

Cal wrote:sweet Vidar! Is that BRSC-64L a spiral or conventional wrap?
Spiral wrap :D :D

I'll put up some pictures this evening if I get the time.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:23 am

super sweet Vidar... looks like i have a rod to add to my long long long list :twisted: lol
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Vidar6
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Vidar6 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:39 am

skinhead wrote:Vidar,

I'm glad you like the Daiko and hope you put it to good use.

You managed to whet my appetite for a JDM rod with your much appreciated input on the Pike & Pred's site. In your experience which would be the better bet out of the following:

Palms Jade Mirror Cross Stream JCGS-60L 6' 3-6g
Daiko Burroughs BRSS-60L 6' 0.875-7g

Also, do Megabass do an equivalent of the above? Preferably available from plat as they seem to have a good reputation.

I didn't intend to hijack the thread.

Simon
Simon, good to see you on the TT forum :D :D :D

I have never used any of the Palms Jade Mirror rods, (I have one on my to buy list for 2007) but they are dedicated trout rods, and as such should have a much slower action than the Daiko BRSS-60L.

It all depend on your intended use really; if its mainly soft plastics for perch & chub you want to throw around I personally would go for the Daiko rod, but if it small spinners & spoons for trout the Palms probably would be better.

The F2-62XS Full House or F2-64XS Multi-Player would be the Megabass alternatives.

Megabass spinning rods

Plat is a great company to deal with; I now have more than a dozen rods, and numerous reels, purchased from them and their service has been perfect every single time. In fact, as we speak I have a new Major Craft rod underway from them.

da house of hardy #1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by da house of hardy #1 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:54 am

i thought that ill see the pictures soon as it is already an evening here (in your time 7 PM,but i realised that ill see them tommorow :|

GamblerHydra
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GamblerHydra » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:14 am

great news ... it sound s like a real player I will have to add that to my short list :evil22:

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:37 am

Pixilla is in total lust...can hardly wait for the pictures. =P~
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

Vidar6
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Vidar6 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:07 pm

When I get more time I'll take some better pics, but these have to do for now :evil: :evil: :D :D

skinhead
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by skinhead » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:14 am

Vidar,

Many thanks for the advice. :D

Now it's getting close to make my mind up time. :? Mostly I'll be throwing small spinners and crank baits with the occasional soft plastic thrown in for good measure. The river that I'm fishing gives up trout, perch and chub in equal numbers. Maybe I should bite the bullet and get one of each, just for the sake of comparison you know. ;)

Simon

Vidar6
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Vidar6 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:11 am

skinhead wrote:Vidar,

Many thanks for the advice. :D

Now it's getting close to make my mind up time. :? Mostly I'll be throwing small spinners and crank baits with the occasional soft plastic thrown in for good measure. The river that I'm fishing gives up trout, perch and chub in equal numbers. Maybe I should bite the bullet and get one of each, just for the sake of comparison you know. ;)

Simon

Of course, in the spirit of the TT forum, that's the way to go :evil: :evil: ;) ;)

Saying that, you can with relative ease use small crank baits & spinners on a fast action rod if the tip is soft enough, but I certainly would not use soft plastics on a slow action rod.

An equivalent Megabass model or the Daiko Burroughs would in my personal opinion be the best choice for a little bit of everything fishing.

I will buy a Palms Jade Mirror next year, but it will be reserved for trout fishing in the crystal clear mountain streams I like to visit when back in Norway.

SoCal_LMB
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by SoCal_LMB » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:39 pm

man. . . very nice! :big grin: the BRSC-64L has been on and off my list for some time now. looks like it is back ON my list. ;) i knew i should have pulled the trigger on one when i was shopping for a finesse plastics rod but i got something else instead. i think i'm gonna have to give one a try soon