Thank to someone

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Thank to someone

Post by mark poulson » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:01 am

Someone on TT recommended changing the pinion gear on a baitcaster that stuck when trying to renegage it after a cast. I did that with a reel with that problem, and, presto, it works great now.
A $5- part and now I have a fully functioning reel again.
So a big thank you to whoever it was who suggested that fix! :D :D :D

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Thank to someone

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:01 pm

mark poulson wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:01 am
Someone on TT recommended changing the pinion gear on a baitcaster that stuck when trying to renegage it after a cast. I did that with a reel with that problem, and, presto, it works great now.
I think that was me.....glad you got it back right. Stuff like this reminds me why we are all here on the forum to begin with- that is, to help out our fellow man.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Re: Thank to someone

Post by mark poulson » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:57 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:01 pm
mark poulson wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:01 am
I think that was me.....glad you got it back right. Stuff like this reminds me why we are all here on the forum to begin with- that is, to help out our fellow man.
Well thank you again! You were/are a life saver. I was hurting my thumb, trying to force the thumb bar to release and reengage. =D> =D> =D>