Let's eat !!!

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Let's eat !!!

Post by uljersey » Sat May 16, 2020 10:02 am

Who's up for some baby backs ? ... Baby backs with the silver skin removed. Slathered with yellow mustard (it's a good glue for the dry rub and adds a subtle vinegar tang) ... the rub is salt, pepper, garlic, chili powder, smoked paprika and ginger. Into the Weber kettle that's set up for a long low-n-slow cook. I don't do sugar of any kind so I'll have mine dry, the wife's will get a honey based sauce for the sweet. It's gonna be a while, I'll just have to have a few cold ones and stare at the heat waves shimmering off the grill all afternoon 8-)

I'll post pics of the finished product later ...

Dry rub, followed by the wet ...
Last edited by uljersey on Sun May 17, 2020 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Let's eat !!!

Post by MountainMan 83 » Sat May 16, 2020 11:04 am

What time should I show up? :lol:

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Sat May 16, 2020 4:37 pm

Ginger is a very underrated rub ingredient. I use the hell out of it for pulled pork, it adds a nice tingle without adding heat and people can never seem to guess what it is. Never tried it with ribs, but I will for sure next time.

My grill/smoker/fire pit area is an awful mess and I need to kick myself in the ass and get it set right. I have limitless free time these days so nice long cooks should be easy to do.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:48 pm

I think this thread is going to cover all of the seven deadly sins as it plays out. I think I already commited three.
Random thoughts..
1. You would never know you were in NJ judging by those trees in your juice pan.
2. First glance at the title of the thread made me think it was authored by Goldenrod.
3. I am a spare rib kinda guy

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Sun May 17, 2020 4:20 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 4:48 pm
I think this thread is going to cover all of the seven deadly sins as it plays out. I think I already commited three.
Random thoughts..
1. You would never know you were in NJ judging by those trees in your juice pan.
2. First glance at the title of the thread made me think it was authored by Goldenrod.
3. I am a spare rib kinda guy
LOL, yes we have trees in New Jersey. Those trees you see reflected in the steam pan are massive Black Walnuts. The squirrels around here are fat and happy :lol: I'm actually right across the Delaware River from Philadelphia. I can be in the center of Philly within 30 minutes or I can go 30 minutes the other way and be here ...

Many people not familiar with here are surprised to find that most of NJ is actually suburban with a lot of rural/undeveloped areas, plus we have over 1,000,000 acres of permanently protected pinelands (Pine Barrens) The heavily populated upper northeast area directly across from New York City is what most people think of when they think of NJ.