Best lipless crankbait in da business

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Best lipless crankbait in da business

Post by CheezusCrust » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:34 pm

Im gonna buy some megabass vibration x jrs and try them out

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:28 pm

Depends on what I’m fishing. Ripping grass, the Lucky Craft LVR D-7 or D-10 gets my vote. Doesn’t have much vibration on a straight retrieve, very tight action, but the way it rips clean from grass is amazing. It always seems to catch the biggest fish when the lipless bite is on at Seminole.

For open water straight retrieve, the Yo-Zuri baits work really well. Great vibration and loud. If I’m rip and fall in open water, the Jackall TN is hard to beat. Sits perfectly on the bottom and has a decent glide falling on a tight line. Red Eye Shad is a good honorable mention in all these categories.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:48 pm

CheezusCrust wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:34 pm
Im gonna buy some megabass vibration x jrs and try them out
It’s a great choice.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:11 am

Booyah one knocker and hard knocker in royalty catches fish in just about any body of water I fish.
Yo Zuri Rattlin vibe 2.6 in gold n black does the same.

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:02 am

They’re tough to find but they do exist- I’m talking silent lipless baits. The Damiki Tremor 65 comes in a silent version. I haven’t personally fished the Damiki as I have a stash of discontinued Duel silent lipless baits but there’s been days where they absolutely were all over the silent. Shhhhhhhh......

greatbarracuda
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by greatbarracuda » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:58 pm

Another vote for jackall tn - rock them in 50, 60, and 65 sizes. Seem to have the most success with the normal version and still very good success with the FT. Anyone using the trigon version and able to compare?

The LV500 is phenomenal too; I just wish they had a smaller version for finesse-ier/shallower scenarios.

If ripping weeds and liking to fiddle, swapping hooks out to decoy plugging singles takes any of these to a new level of efficiency with equal or higher landing %.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:28 pm

greatbarracuda wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:58 pm
Another vote for jackall tn - rock them in 50, 60, and 65 sizes. Seem to have the most success with the normal version and still very good success with the FT. Anyone using the trigon version and able to compare?

The LV500 is phenomenal too; I just wish they had a smaller version for finesse-ier/shallower scenarios.

If ripping weeds and liking to fiddle, swapping hooks out to decoy plugging singles takes any of these to a new level of efficiency with equal or higher landing %.
I have or have used all versions, but I can't say one works better than the others. They all catch fish. I'm a full on Jackall fanatic \:D/

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:41 pm

greatbarracuda wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:58 pm

Surprised you haven't used the 70. I spend the majority of my time throwing jerkbaits in the spring but my biggest spring bass last year was on the TN70. I picked up two of the TN60 to try this year and a bunch more of the TN70.

greatbarracuda
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by greatbarracuda » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:31 pm

I have slung the 70 in the past but, up here in the north, the smaller sizes seem more consistent when covering water shared by smallies and walleye.

CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CheezusCrust » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:02 am

Yeah i catch jumbo walleye on 2.5 in lipless cranks all year round

casterus
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by casterus » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:05 am

I was Die Hard Red Eye Shad till last year. Then I bought some YoZuriRatlin . I caught more fish on YoZuri on straight retrieving Yoyoing i had much luck with Red Eye.For a month I've used both every outing .
Adam

Thunderblack1984
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Thunderblack1984 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:56 am

Might not be the best in the business but Clackin Rap has landed some big fish for me. They don't always catch numbers but the big ones like that one knocker on that bait.
Philippians 4:6

Real
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Real » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:55 am

I like the Yo-Zuri, but the Jackalls 60 and 70 are really good also and the fish have not seen them much.

Jnkoepp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jnkoepp » Wed May 13, 2020 5:55 pm

uljersey wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:02 am
They’re tough to find but they do exist- I’m talking silent lipless baits. The Damiki Tremor 65 comes in a silent version. I haven’t personally fished the Damiki as I have a stash of discontinued Duel silent lipless baits but there’s been days where they absolutely were all over the silent. Shhhhhhhh......
Evergreen Buzzerbeaters come silent as well

Jnkoepp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jnkoepp » Wed May 13, 2020 5:56 pm

I like AirViper Risebackers