tsi 321

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
johns
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:14 pm

tsi 321

Post by johns » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:27 pm

Did a search and couldnt find anything for quite a while on 321 for spool bearings and level wind. For those that use it do you still like it? How long does it last or does it last longer than oil? Can you put oil on top of it after it has been used for a while? I only fish fresh water but it is usually dirty. Thanks for any comments. john

cadman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:19 am

Re: tsi 321

Post by cadman » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:42 pm

I use it on all of my reels along with all of the reels I clean for my fishing club. No problems at all. I apply it once a year on my reels, and lasts the entire time. I do not mix oils. Personally I would pick a oil and stick to it. If you want to try a different oil, remove the first one thoroughly and then apply your new oil. JMO.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 934
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:12 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: tsi 321

Post by Dalleinf » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:22 am

I love the tsi321.
I have many other products but prefer the tsi321. See no reason to put oil on top (?), but I guess it should be fine after a cleaning.0

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1243
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 12:24 pm
Location: Donkin, Nova Scotia

Re: tsi 321

Post by adam lancia » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:57 am

I'm a big fan of it as well. I don't think I'd put another oil on top of it, rather, just add another drop off 321. TSI301 is the one that evaporates and leaves a film, 321 doesn't evaporate but it's really thin so it's hard to know when it's still there or has been spun off.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler
Posts: 2382
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 am
Location: NoCal

Re: tsi 321

Post by mark poulson » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:29 am

cadman wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:42 pm
I use it on all of my reels along with all of the reels I clean for my fishing club. No problems at all. I apply it once a year on my reels, and lasts the entire time. I do not mix oils. Personally I would pick a oil and stick to it. If you want to try a different oil, remove the first one thoroughly and then apply your new oil. JMO.
How can you tell if the lubricant is no longer performing?

User avatar
Zimbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:17 am
Location: Zimbabwe

Re: tsi 321

Post by Zimbass » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:05 am

Noise Mark..............noise !!

:x :x :x

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1243
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 12:24 pm
Location: Donkin, Nova Scotia

Re: tsi 321

Post by adam lancia » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:29 am

Zimbass wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:05 am
Noise Mark..............noise !!

:x :x :x
Exactly that, they'll be noisy.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler
Posts: 2382
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 am
Location: NoCal

Re: tsi 321

Post by mark poulson » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:01 am

adam lancia wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:29 am
Zimbass wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:05 am
Noise Mark..............noise !!

:x :x :x
Exactly that, they'll be noisy.
Thanks.

wilddog66
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:23 pm
Location: North Georgia

Re: tsi 321

Post by wilddog66 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:28 am

Been using 321 for over a year now, strictly on steel spool bearings, not hybrid ceramics. Works well enough and lasts long enough that I am down to using ceramics in only one reel. Still using grease on my levelwinds/pawls. I run spool bearings with one shield removed, so I clean them and reapply 321 about halfway through the season.

cadman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:19 am

Re: tsi 321

Post by cadman » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:28 pm

mark poulson wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:29 am
cadman wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:42 pm
I use it on all of my reels along with all of the reels I clean for my fishing club. No problems at all. I apply it once a year on my reels, and lasts the entire time. I do not mix oils. Personally I would pick a oil and stick to it. If you want to try a different oil, remove the first one thoroughly and then apply your new oil. JMO.
How can you tell if the lubricant is no longer performing?
Mark, It seems like TSI 321 easily lasts a year on all my reels. I fish at least 1-2 day a week starting March thru November, and never had my bearings squeal. After the season is over, I break all the reels down to their skeleton and clean everything all over for the next season. Has worked for me with no issues.

User avatar
Slazmo
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 11:43 pm
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Contact:

Re: tsi 321

Post by Slazmo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:17 pm

Wish we could get the stuff here in Australia... Like easily from a retailer and not have to import it at an abhorrent price with even more an abhorrent postage fee!

Tim Kelly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 530
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:44 pm

Re: tsi 321

Post by Tim Kelly » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:28 am

Just get a larger bottle of the stuff, makes it less painful.

cadman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:19 am

Re: tsi 321

Post by cadman » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:21 pm

Slazmo wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:17 pm
Wish we could get the stuff here in Australia... Like easily from a retailer and not have to import it at an abhorrent price with even more an abhorrent postage fee!
Slazmo,
Look up Smooth Drag and see how much Dawn would charge you for shipping to Australia. I buy the big bottle. Do you have to pay import tax?

User avatar
Slazmo
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 11:43 pm
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Contact:

Re: tsi 321

Post by Slazmo » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:18 am

cadman wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:21 pm
Slazmo,
Look up Smooth Drag and see how much Dawn would charge you for shipping to Australia. I buy the big bottle. Do you have to pay import tax?
Yeh we have to pay the usual taxes and God know what else... But what I'd hate to say is Customs wouldn't be too kind about a liquid of the sort getting through without the right paperwork et al.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler
Posts: 2382
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:28 am
Location: NoCal

Re: tsi 321

Post by mark poulson » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:43 am

cadman wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:28 pm
mark poulson wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:29 am
cadman wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:42 pm
I use it on all of my reels along with all of the reels I clean for my fishing club. No problems at all. I apply it once a year on my reels, and lasts the entire time. I do not mix oils. Personally I would pick a oil and stick to it. If you want to try a different oil, remove the first one thoroughly and then apply your new oil. JMO.
How can you tell if the lubricant is no longer performing?
Mark, It seems like TSI 321 easily lasts a year on all my reels. I fish at least 1-2 day a week starting March thru November, and never had my bearings squeal. After the season is over, I break all the reels down to their skeleton and clean everything all over for the next season. Has worked for me with no issues.
Thanks Ted.
What do you use for gear grease?

Post Reply