Pitching a Tent

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Pitching a Tent

Post by goldrod » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:57 pm

I've been contemplating pitching a tent in my backyard.. and leaving it out there
anyone have any recommendations on what is a good purchase for two adults comfortably?

Just something I was thinking of dabbing in
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Pitching a Tent

Post by spencerinstl » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:55 am

Do you want room to stand up? Are you ok with sleeping on the ground or do you need a queen size air mattress?
2, 3 or 4 season tent? Budget?
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:06 am

Are you and your wife on bad terms? Tried the couch already? :lol:

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:32 am

Fishing4Fun wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:06 am
No we aren’t. I came in the other day and sat on the couch and while I was dismantling this reel and watching a recorded fishing show she just listened and asked why my handle did not have any knobs. Which I just ordered
But the world is crazier today than yesterday so I wanted to go camping in our backyard because I’m not comfortable to go anywhere else. Honest.
That being said I mentioned it to her and she was like let’s try it.
If it fails than we can just walk back into the house. It may be the best way to cut the tether from off of our phones and my job for a few hours.

I didn’t think of the air mattress ( we do have one ) but was looking for something that sleeps 4 because I think it will give us two space. I’m not sure how they calculate that. I have a buddy I work with who if I clones him could probably sleep a dozen in one.
Standing up yes. I want to walk in it
Budget is probably $170 max I’m not sure we will like it. So I don’t want to spend money on something we don’t need

The tent would be on the ground and I don’t want to get wet
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:47 am

Guess it makes sense that you can sort of take in the sense of camping from putting a tent up in your backyard but if your fenced in you will miss out on some of nature’s surprises!

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:03 pm

Fishing4Fun wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:06 am
:lol: =D>
<")))><{

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:00 pm

I have 2 tents that I really like a Marmot Fortress 3 person tent, but you can't stand up in it and a Cabelas alaskan guide geodesic tent 6 person. I camp and fish in the spring and sometimes in the fall, so I like a tent that is going to keep me warm if need be and have plenty of ventilation if it warms up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2RfXYX6LA8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDmgIIhdK40
You could always buy a cheaper tent at walmart or cabelas/bass pro shop and take it back if you decide you don't like it.
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:03 pm

spencerinstl wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:00 pm
I have 2 tents that I really like a Marmot Fortress 3 person tent, but you can't stand up in it and a Cabelas alaskan guide geodesic tent 6 person. I camp and fish in the spring and sometimes in the fall, so I like a tent that is going to keep me warm if need be and have plenty of ventilation if it warms up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2RfXYX6LA8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDmgIIhdK40
You could always buy a cheaper tent at walmart or cabelas/bass pro shop and take it back if you decide you don't like it.
I just got what you said
I don’t care about being able to stand up in it.
Thanks for the feedback