Well I couldn’t stay away...

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Knotty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Well I couldn’t stay away...

Post by Knotty » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:23 pm

Great looking reel (and rod). Wish more reels were blacked out or just more understated. Not a fan of colors on reels. Next thing you know you're choosing line and rod to match. Black goes with everything!

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:22 am

Craigthor wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:36 am
All I have to say is this reel feels just like my old Exist LT1000S-P, fishes and reacts the same. Definitely a must have reel for me.
Doing some research I found out that the reel is a highly tuned 2019 Ballistic FW LT 1000S-P. Quite a few of the articles I read refer to it as the "Little Exist" so that goes right along with your assessment....but nothing like hearing that from someone who has bought one. I am very interested in this reel. I have a Daiwa Presso Limited which is a tuned version of the Presso. It was developed for area trout anglers as is the DaySprout. I know the DaySprout is made in China. I have stuck with JDM reels that are made in Japan but have always wondered what the reels are like that are made in China yet are higher priced than some of their made in Japan reels. My next reel purchase were going to be a Shimano Vanquish or an Exist. Do you feel the quality of the build of the DaySprout is as good as your made in Japan reels? This very well could be my next purchase. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:50 am

Alphahawk wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:22 am
Craigthor wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:36 am
All I have to say is this reel feels just like my old Exist LT1000S-P, fishes and reacts the same. Definitely a must have reel for me.
Doing some research I found out that the reel is a highly tuned 2019 Ballistic FW LT 1000S-P. Quite a few of the articles I read refer to it as the "Little Exist" so that goes right along with your assessment....but nothing like hearing that from someone who has bought one. I am very interested in this reel. I have a Daiwa Presso Limited which is a tuned version of the Presso. It was developed for area trout anglers as is the DaySprout. I know the DaySprout is made in China. I have stuck with JDM reels that are made in Japan but have always wondered what the reels are like that are made in China yet are higher priced than some of their made in Japan reels. My next reel purchase were going to be a Shimano Vanquish or an Exist. Do you feel the quality of the build of the DaySprout is as good as your made in Japan reels? This very well could be my next purchase. Thanks in advance.

Regards
I do feel it as nice as any of the JDM reels I’ve purchased. I was looking at the Presso Limited as well but the matte black was a selling point for me. It’s good to know the model it was based off of as well. Sunday will hopefully be more time on the water in the afternoon with it.

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:06 pm

Also, looking at the Ballistic, upgrading to the full 11 bearings, and upgrading the knob isn’t much cheaper than just buying the Daysprout version that is already tuned and you get it in black.

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:21 pm

Ordered some light spoons to try with the Varivas, as it is rated 0.1 to 6.3g should be a test casting down to 0.5g.

ultralight
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ultralight » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:54 am

Is the spool diameter same as the Daiwa 1003s? Thanks.

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:05 am

ultralight wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:54 am
That I’m not sure, I’ve never owned a Daiwa in the 1003s size. Only ever owned them in the newer LT1000 series.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:37 am

ultralight wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:54 am
The spool diameter for the reel is 39mm...same as on the Luvias 1003. But the spools are different.....they are not interchangeable.

Regards

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:59 am

Craigthor wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:06 pm
Also, looking at the Ballistic, upgrading to the full 11 bearings, and upgrading the knob isn’t much cheaper than just buying the Daysprout version that is already tuned and you get it in black.
Thanks much for the info on the reel. Your assessment, and after watching an untold number of hours of auto translated youtube videos I decided to buy the FW 1000S-P. I found a seller on ebay who was selling the Daiwa Ballistic FW LT1000S-P for $216. I bought 4 of them and 4 bearing kits with the Zaion knob coming from Plat with another order of jig heads. So I'm all in at $260 albeit minus the color. At that price I just had to do it. The black color really looks good though. Many of the videos I watched remarked how this color on a reel was overdue and how it better matches the many different rods by being all black. I am impressed with the rigidity of the reel and the weight....not to mention it is very smooth and tight. All of the reels from the ebay seller are gone and I doubt we will see anymore at that price....and at the $269 price, that is the normal selling price...add on the bearing kit...the knob.....you are right.....best just to buy the Day Sprout. This will do me for a while....well....at least for a few months....LOL. Have my eye on the 2020 Luvias but am a bit disappointed they dropped the 1000 series. The FW Ballistic FW 1000S reel really fill the need for more of the low ratio reels.

Regards

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:08 am

Alphahawk wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:59 am
Craigthor wrote:
Thanks much for the info on the reel. Your assessment, and after watching an untold number of hours of auto translated youtube videos I decided to buy the FW 1000S-P. I found a seller on ebay who was selling the Daiwa Ballistic FW LT1000S-P for $216. I bought 4 of them and 4 bearing kits with the Zaion knob coming from Plat with another order of jig heads. So I'm all in at $260 albeit minus the color. At that price I just had to do it. The black color really looks good though. Many of the videos I watched remarked how this color on a reel was overdue and how it better matches the many different rods by being all black. I am impressed with the rigidity of the reel and the weight....not to mention it is very smooth and tight. All of the reels from the ebay seller are gone and I doubt we will see anymore at that price....and at the $269 price, that is the normal selling price...add on the bearing kit...the knob.....you are right.....best just to buy the Day Sprout. This will do me for a while....well....at least for a few months....LOL. Have my eye on the 2020 Luvias but am a bit disappointed they dropped the 1000 series. The FW Ballistic FW 1000S reel really fill the need for more of the low ratio reels.

Regards
If you really want to smooth them out I just added the iOS Factory D-System Drag Upgrade and Line Roller Kit. Also the drag sounds so nice.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:13 am

Craigthor wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:08 am
Alphahawk wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:59 am
Craigthor wrote:

Regards
If you really want to smooth them out I just added the iOS Factory D-System Drag Upgrade and Line Roller Kit. Also the drag sounds so nice.
Ok educate me here. Does the line roller not already have 2 bearings? Do you have the link to the IOS Factory D-System Drag Upgrade and Line Roller kit? Thanks...I've said it a million times but this is a curse....LOL.

Regards

Knotty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Knotty » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:42 am

So glad I’m a cheapskate. Otherwise being around you guys would bankrupt me! :lol:

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:22 pm

Alphahawk wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:13 am

Ok educate me here. Does the line roller not already have 2 bearings? Do you have the link to the IOS Factory D-System Drag Upgrade and Line Roller kit? Thanks...I've said it a million times but this is a curse....LOL.

Regards
No I believe the stock version of the reel has one bearing and one bushing, the upgrade bearing kit you ordered from HH I’m guessing will have a second bearing. My Daysprout did come with 2 bearing in the line roller, the upgrade does feel a tiny bit smoother though the bearing in the iOS kit are slightly different as well as the taper of the line roller looks slightly different.

Here is the info on the Line Roller upgrade, I went with the Paraiba Blue as that is the color the D-System Upgrade is available in. http://www.ios-factory.com/direct17.html

“ ~~ Maximize the benefits of long taper design line roller ~~ In

addition to conventional retrieve style fishing, bass, agging and eging etc.
In recent years it has become particularly diverseWhen fishing with line slack in mind, even when line tension is barely applied
It is required to improve the rotation of the line roller and smooth
the line winding.The line roller direct of long taper specification is compared with the conventional product.Even when processing slack lines,
increasing the contact area of the lines greatly improves the rotation performance, resulting in
Respond to modern technical fishing styles with greatly improved line troublesThis is the only custom long taper specification line roller. ”

For the D-System upgrade you can read the information linked here. http://www.ios-factory.com/d-sys18.html

“Major features

High-strength, ultra-lightweight system with machine-cut integrated housing

Stable and delicate control from only 1LB class to drag breaking strength

Popular Paraiba blue anodized specification with salt use in mind

Complete original custom parts full of high precision feeling even with one fixed screw

A new shape drag system born just for the LT concept.”

I’ll work on some pictures probably Sunday hoping to get a little bit of time on the water though winter is settling in now. Have a new rod from Smith that needs some testing that I haven’t mentioned on the forum here.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:53 pm

Craigthor wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:22 pm
Alphahawk wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:13 am

Regards
No I believe the stock version of the reel has one bearing and one bushing, the upgrade bearing kit you ordered from HH I’m guessing will have a second bearing. My Daysprout did come with 2 bearing in the line roller, the upgrade does feel a tiny bit smoother though the bearing in the iOS kit are slightly different as well as the taper of the line roller looks slightly different.

Here is the info on the Line Roller upgrade, I went with the Paraiba Blue as that is the color the D-System Upgrade is available in. http://www.ios-factory.com/direct17.html

“ ~~ Maximize the benefits of long taper design line roller ~~ In

addition to conventional retrieve style fishing, bass, agging and eging etc.
In recent years it has become particularly diverseWhen fishing with line slack in mind, even when line tension is barely applied
It is required to improve the rotation of the line roller and smooth
the line winding.The line roller direct of long taper specification is compared with the conventional product.Even when processing slack lines,
increasing the contact area of the lines greatly improves the rotation performance, resulting in
Respond to modern technical fishing styles with greatly improved line troublesThis is the only custom long taper specification line roller. ”

For the D-System upgrade you can read the information linked here. http://www.ios-factory.com/d-sys18.html

“Major features

High-strength, ultra-lightweight system with machine-cut integrated housing

Stable and delicate control from only 1LB class to drag breaking strength

Popular Paraiba blue anodized specification with salt use in mind

Complete original custom parts full of high precision feeling even with one fixed screw

A new shape drag system born just for the LT concept.”

I’ll work on some pictures probably Sunday hoping to get a little bit of time on the water though winter is settling in now. Have a new rod from Smith that needs some testing that I haven’t mentioned on the forum here.

Thanks...

Regards

eklikewhoa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by eklikewhoa » Sun May 24, 2020 7:20 am

Craigthor wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:13 pm
Got my rod and reel in plus some line on it. This reel is amazingly light, ultra smooth and just damn sexy. Balance is spot on and a great reel for the rod.

Sexy looking reel!