Steez SV TW bent stabilizer bar

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Steez SV TW bent stabilizer bar

Post by Mike son » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:56 pm

This part is supposed to be straight right? Just noticed that mine is slightly bent out of shape. I would think I did the damage trying to break a snag free and the line made contact with it ](*,)

Carlos Carrapiço
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Steez SV TW bent stabilizer bar

Post by Carlos Carrapiço » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:09 pm

Mike son wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:56 pm
This part is supposed to be straight right? Just noticed that mine is slightly bent out of shape. I would think I did the damage trying to break a snag free and the line made contact with it ](*,)
It should be an easy fix. Just take it out and make it straight.

Sounds difficult to bent it out of shape though. Hope you aren't passing the line under the stabilised bar.

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Steez SV TW bent stabilizer bar

Post by Mike son » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:39 am

No, the line was passed over it. I put a half spool of line on the stock spool to try my hand at casting an 8 gram tube. It would seem that the line made contact with the stabilizer bar when the spool was low fill. The bar appears to have slightly bent downward with a slight bow and this was done trying to break 8lb sniper! I will attempt to straighten it out over the winter when I break it down and clean it.