Cranking It Up with Sunline's Crank FC

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:03 pm

Introduction: When it comes to fluorocarbon fishing line, there are few manufacturers that can rival the catalog of options offered by Sunline. From Shooter to Sniper to Assassin and various leader options, Sunline has a fluorocarbon product to suit a host of different fishing styles and budgets. Now the manufacturer even has specialized fluorocarbon for flipping and cranking. Today we take a look at one of those products. Here's an in-depth look at Sunline's Crank FC.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewsunlinefccrank.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Cranking It Up with Sunline's Crank FC

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:40 pm

I still have stocks of when Sunline called it Reaction FC (prior formula). Mine has a gray hue to it. I really like it. Handles well and has stretch you need and still feel the lure like in the review.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:06 pm

How does it compare to Invizx? I always assumed they'd be similar. I'd like to see a detailed review of Invizx and Abrazx.
This is the way.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:14 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:06 pm
How does it compare to Invizx? I always assumed they'd be similar. I'd like to see a detailed review of Invizx and Abrazx.
They're on the list but my initial impressions with both lines several years ago when we first did the FPI weren't great so I didn't fish them... will try to give them another chance.
Cal, Managing Editor

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:37 pm

Cal wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:14 pm
poisonokie wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:06 pm
They're on the list but my initial impressions with both lines several years ago when we first did the FPI weren't great so I didn't fish them... will try to give them another chance.
Well, for what it's worth, here's my experience:

For the most part, Invizx is low memory and super manageable. I've had some pretty gnarly backlashes come out of that line surprisingly easily. The knot strength is very good, too. A seven turn San Diego jam in 15# Invizx can be very hard to break. It has quite a bit of stretch to it, so that's definitely part of it. Still, for me it's good line for moving baits and finesse that holds up well over time. I really like the 4# for UL BFS.

I've only tried Abrazx in 20#, which is the same diameter as 25# sniper, for flipping and pitching. I'd say the memory is worse, but I don't know as I've never tried 20# Invizx. I'd say it lives up to it's name as far as abrasion resistance and it has great slack line sensitivity. It's not as stretchy as Invizx, but stretches enough to protect leader and terminal knots when used for short lines in dense cover with a heavy, fast rod. It hasn't failed me yet in that regard.

To me, Sniper is probably the best all around FC and falls somewhere between the Seaguar lines. It has less memory and is more castable than Abrazx and less stretchy and more sensitive than Invizx. For general use it's the line I'd recommend for someone wanting to try FC, whereas for bait finesse or spinning reels using 10# or less I'd say go with Invizx because it's so forgiving. The jury's still out on Abrazx since I've only used one strength for one specific purpose. Probably wouldn't be my first choice for a spinning reel, that's for sure.
This is the way.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:13 am

Interesting reviews on the Crank FC and Sniper. What applications would you change from Sniper to Crank FC?

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:11 pm

BigG wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:13 am
Interesting reviews on the Crank FC and Sniper. What applications would you change from Sniper to Crank FC?
I'm not sure I would to be honest... I'm not really sold on the application specific fishing lines, but need to fish them with an open mind of course.
Cal, Managing Editor