Tsurinoya Pro Flex II Spinning rod

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Tsurinoya Pro Flex II Spinning rod

Post by earthworm77 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:36 am

I am interested in this rod. Does anyone have any experience with it? There is a 672ML and a 702M.
I notice the handle looks like a Major Craft Volkey and I know Tsurinoya copied the Volkey on their older Elite series right down to the graphics. Any info on the Pro FlexII spinning rod is appreciated.

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tsurinoya Pro Flex II Spinning rod

Post by earthworm77 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:08 am

Well since I didn't get any feedback about this rod, I decided to go with something that I know and that was a Kuying Rainforest 702M. I have been tearing up inshore snook and reds with the Kuying TopCaster ML spin, and wanted a medium power rod to go in between the TopCaster and a pair of MH rods as well a s a MH/H Kuying Tournament rod that I have. I have been super impressed with the Teton series and own a few of them. Their heavier stuff is equally impressive.

Knotty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Knotty » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:22 pm

The difficult thing with any of these Chinese brands is knowing which model lines are the good ones. Kuying has so many. I love the Tetons and own a few. Also have a ML Conqueror that is superb bass rod. That one crossed the $100 mark which initially gave me pause but I'm glad I bought it. Same with their Super Lite ajing rod. Not as good as a $200 Major Craft N-ONE but at half the cost, well worth it. I guess Kuying is proving to be a good brand period. Let us know how the Rainforest works out.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:38 am

With Kuying you have a Malaysian company that makes fishing rods in China. Similar to how Majorcraft is a Japanese fishing rod company that makes their rods in China.

I would definitely put Majorcraft ahead of Kuying but Kuying targets their rods to anglers that don't want to pay Majorcraft money. Kuying rods definitely have their place and in a lot of ways they remind me of budget Majorcraft sticks.

Tsurinoya? They are an OEM. I'm sure they have good rods in their line up but I have a lot of confidence in Majorcraft and Kuying. It is just easier to go pick one of them up then to gamble on a Chinease OEM product.

Knotty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Knotty » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:24 pm

LowRange wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:38 am
Tsurinoya? They are an OEM. I'm sure they have good rods in their line up but I have a lot of confidence in Majorcraft and Kuying. It is just easier to go pick one of them up then to gamble on a Chinease OEM product.
Agreed. I feel safe with Kuying, which offers high quality for the price. Major Craft seems to be where I'm headed for higher end JDM rods that I can still afford. So, Kuying is the proving ground and MC is the target.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:47 am

Sorry, should have seen this and given a response quicker, just haven't fished in a while here (waters are no good and moved to a new house). I own the baitcasting version, the 6'3"UL Proflex 2 and I love it. I have caught a ton of small to medium fish, the rod has held up great. I use 6lb Nanobraid on it and all guides hold up great, all are even, the reel seat is nice, etc. Been a really good rod for around $70 for BFS. I am sure if the spinning version is like mine at all then you would enjoy it (maybe in the future if you already went with a different rod brand).

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:01 am

Interestingly enough, the past couple of days I have been tying Titanium hook keepers to many of my Asian Market rods.
.......mostly Major Craft rods, a couple of Kuyings and a Tsurinoya Dragon. The phrase on blank of my Volkey between the split grip is "Racing Spirit".........someone commented that the Tsurunoya Elite also had that same slogan.........lo and behold my Kuying Tournament rod also has "Racing Spirit" printed..........I guess it means something in the Asian sport fishing market. Can anyone translate as I doubt all of these rods were Volkey Copies.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:04 pm

Megabass rods are also know to have racing themes the the racing condition world edition. The idea is to convey that the rod is akin to a highly tuned peice of racing equipment. Bass anglers in japan are usually younger and more of a thrill seeker type angling for and practicing catch and release of an invasive species so I imagine this is more appealing to them.