Quick Decision MB or Jackall

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Quick Decision MB or Jackall

Post by goldrod » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:46 am

I have to make a quick decision between the MB black Jungle Deep Crank or a Poison Adrena 7'2"
only have til 1700 today to decide. Which and Why? I have a MB Power Versatile so I think the MB DC will be similar but still it is the Black Jungle line however I have the 6'11" Posion Adrena and the 7'2" should be a good jig rod , texas rig etc.
Im stuck and both is not an option today..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Quick Decision MB or Jackall

Post by cndbasshunter » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:08 am

goldrod wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:46 am
I have to make a quick decision between the MB black Jungle Deep Crank or a Poison Adrena 7'2"
only have til 1700 today to decide. Which and Why? I have a MB Power Versatile so I think the MB DC will be similar but still it is the Black Jungle line however I have the 6'11" Posion Adrena and the 7'2" should be a good jig rod , texas rig etc.
Im stuck and both is not an option today..
Totally 2 different rods imo. What other rods do you have what presentations will you be using mostly?

The 72H Adrena is perfect for jigs and texas rigs.

How often do you crank? Do you have other crank rods? The BJ DC is nice for the larger plugs and moving baits.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:13 am

i have other cranking rods yes..
I have a MB deep throat rod with a TDZ R+ and zpi spool that is well with me
But I have at least two deep cranking rods, and three other cranking rods of various things

I'm looking to use a TDZ-H on the adrean with either a BE spool or Zpi M spool
I crank but mostly shallow to 15'. I have an X7 EMTF that handles my shower blows and other top water stuff so i am trying to justify the BJ rod because its a black Jungle and I like that line up..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:32 am

goldrod wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:13 am
But I have at least two deep cranking rods, and three other cranking rods of various things

I crank but mostly shallow to 15'. I have an X7 EMTF that handles my shower blows and other top water stuff so i am trying to justify the BJ rod because its a black Jungle and I like that line up..
haha....no need to justify just buy what you want. :mrgreen: :lol:

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:55 am

cndbasshunter wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:32 am
goldrod wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:13 am

haha....no need to justify just buy what you want. :mrgreen: :lol:
True.
The 6’11 has got me in a tissy so I just pulled the trigger on the 7’2” worst case I can just return it or resale it.

I have a gigas shallow, G1 PE , BE and zpi m spool to see which i prefer in the TDZ H. Sucks because I can’t look for parts til I’ve found out which is better

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:35 pm

The black jungle deep cranking slow rolling is much more of a moving bait rod. Love it for 1/2 oz spinnerbaits and chaterbaits and crankbaits, not so much for jigs. The power versatile is a much more powerful rod.
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:04 pm

spencerinstl wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:35 pm
The black jungle deep cranking slow rolling is much more of a moving bait rod. Love it for 1/2 oz spinnerbaits and chaterbaits and crankbaits, not so much for jigs. The power versatile is a much more powerful rod.
Thanks
I was hoping that was the case