TD Fuego Spools

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.

TD Fuego Spools

TD Fuego original Spool
8%
TDZ 100m gigas spool
64%
Red PE Spool
4%
Gold PE Spool
4%
HLC spool
20%

Total votes: 25

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

TD Fuego Spools

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:49 pm

Im just curious which one people prefer (either past owners or current). I've read many posts with people liking the 100m spool. Some not liking it. A few posts with people liking the red PE Spool, at least one liking the gold pe spool. I believe I found some liking a HLC spool (I believe a zillion HLC spool). I've found a lot of people that were fine with the original spool and preferred getting bearings for the knobs (or tdz 100m handle) and maybe spool bearings.

Also if you could post what lure weights you use with the spool you chose I'd appreciate it. As well as any Spools I may have missed.

Thanks for looking/participating.
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:12 am
Ok, so I have a new question but it goes with this thread. I have the 100m spool but picked up a set of 36 to 34mm spacers (thought I might want to mess around with the reel more someday).

Has anyone used spacers with the TD Fuego? If so any spool recommendations? Is there anything to gain over the 100m or should I just leave it alone?
Last edited by chrisg_sdcf on Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: TD Fuego Spools

Post by adam lancia » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:42 am

Just a note to go with my vote for the 100M. Add an R+ inductor and HLC spring and that'll make it an amazingly versatile spool. Really frees it up without making it unnecessarily wild.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:09 am

I personally like the gold PE spool the best. Ive had almost every spool available to fit my TD Zillion, and stuck with the gold PE. It seems to be the best all around casting spool for me. Everyone has a different style, and spools can for sure aid in getting the most out of your reel according to your style.
<")))><{

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:38 am

Dropping in the stock TD-Z 100m spool makes a world of difference in the original Fuego platform. I've always been a fan of that spool...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:00 am

I liked the TDZ 100m in mine, great caster.

new2BC4bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by new2BC4bass » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:40 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:09 am
I personally like the gold PE spool the best. Ive had almost every spool available to fit my TD Zillion, and stuck with the gold PE. It seems to be the best all around casting spool for me. Everyone has a different style, and spools can for sure aid in getting the most out of your reel according to your style.
I'm thinking this spool might be a good addition to one of my Fuegos. Either that or try it in my OG Zillion. Maybe buy two? :lol:

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:06 am

I was going to suggest the DIY/Rays Zillion spool, but they don't seem to be available any longer. Doesn't look like they make the correct size in the new version.

I like the Red PE spool in my Zillion. Probably pretty good in the Fuego too.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:37 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:09 am
Thanks

What would say your fishing style is?

Also, in your opinion, what did you like better about it than then 100m spool?
Last edited by chrisg_sdcf on Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:41 am

adam lancia wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:42 am
Just a note to go with my vote for the 100M. Add an R+ inductor and HLC spring and that'll make it an amazingly versatile spool. Really frees it up without making it unnecessarily wild.
Besides the 100m spool being hard to find, is the r+ inductor available from online sources?

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:43 am

bronzefly wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:38 am
Dropping in the stock TD-Z 100m spool makes a world of difference in the original Fuego platform. I've always been a fan of that spool...
I do see this one recommended a lot when searching through old posts and it's winning the poll right now. Would you say it makes it better all around or for specific Technics? Good with light and heavy lures?

Thanks

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:43 am

BigG wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:00 am
I liked the TDZ 100m in mine, great caster.
As an all around reel or was it better with lighter or heavier lures?

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:49 am

IlliniDawg01 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:06 am
I was going to suggest the DIY/Rays Zillion spool, but they don't seem to be available any longer. Doesn't look like they make the correct size in the new version.

I've seen a few people like it the Fuego/zillion. For you, how was the red PE an improvement over the stock spool? What do you normally fish with it .

Thanks

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:54 am

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:43 am
bronzefly wrote:
I do see this one recommended a lot when searching through old posts and it's winning the poll right now. Would you say it makes it better all around or for specific Technics? Good with light and heavy lures?

Thanks
It is a great all around spool... the stock spool is fine with heavy lures, but the 100m spool is much better than stock with the lighter stuff.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:58 am

bronzefly wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:54 am
chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:43 am
bronzefly wrote:

Thanks
It is a great all around spool... the stock spool is fine with heavy lures, but the 100m spool is much better than stock with the lighter stuff.
Sounds like what I'm looking for. Too bad I'll probably have to buy a whole reel to get the spool.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:51 pm

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:49 am
IlliniDawg01 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:06 am

I've seen a few people like it the Fuego/zillion. For you, how was the red PE an improvement over the stock spool? What do you normally fish with it .

Thanks
It will handle much lighter lures and holds less braided line so there isn't so much waste. I only use my OG Zillion for jerk baits and frogs. The spool works well in that capacity. It seems to pitch easily as well. My 100M spool felt very choked off. It could have just been a dirty bearing though.