Hedgehog & Megabass purple

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
hotdogin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Hedgehog & Megabass purple

Post by hotdogin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:32 am

Thinking about picking up one of the 4 piece Levante rods and was curious as to how the purple highlights match up with Hedgehog Studios components. Is it closer to their royal or deep purple parts?
just hotdogin it

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Hedgehog & Megabass purple

Post by goldrod » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:42 am

purple is like rolling the dice in my humble opinion.
My experience has not been good and expensive hope yours is better.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:29 am

I'm pretty sure it's deep purple, but like GR said, there's variation in color even among Hedgehog's own parts. I think that may be why there are about three different shades in the Zonda.
This is the way.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:14 pm

Yeah, there are two types of purple. A violet and a deeper purple. They look very similar on-line, big difference in person.

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:15 pm

Recently purchased all royal purple parts for a Tat Sv from them and there was variation among parts and none actually matched the factory colored CC either...........

Expensive lesson learned.
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

hotdogin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hotdogin » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:03 am

Thanks for the heads up. Have a spare SV105 and thinking about throwing a couple of purple parts on there to match with the Levante. Nothing overboard, just a couple highlights like knob caps and handle nut & retainer.
just hotdogin it

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:53 am

hotdogin wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:03 am
Thanks for the heads up. Have a spare SV105 and thinking about throwing a couple of purple parts on there to match with the Levante. Nothing overboard, just a couple highlights like knob caps and handle nut & retainer.
Those will probably match perfectly. The only part I have that didn't was the mag dial screw for a Zillion SV. It still looks good, but it's somewhere between deep and Royal purple and doesn't match the level wind shaft or SLP drag star on the reel.
This is the way.