Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Enough with the tackle. LETS SEE SOME FISH!

Post by Jeffbro999 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:07 am

ShimanoFan wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:49 am
JBcrankaddict wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:43 am
For some reason we don’t have them along the beaches here (Pensacola Beach). Drive an hour to the west to Orange beach, AL and they are everywhere in the surf. Not sure why that is, but we don’t have that bite here. Mainly just pompano, Spanish mackerel and bluefish along our beaches.
I wonder why this is JB? Really strange to hear this, but just wow on that monster trout.

Florida's regulations are really starting to payoff in the return of large sized fish no doubt. We catch some monster snook and tarpon and redfish now, but never seen a trout that big.
Thank you sir. Absolutely no idea why, just the way it’s always been. Plenty of people fishing live shrimp in the surf to not have caught one if they were out there. I agree about the regs, some big fish are starting to show up regularly across the state. We aren’t a trout fishery like Mosquito or Laguna Madre, but we have some solid fish. I love chasing them as it’s really the only trophy fish around. I would liken it to chasing those upper teen largemouth in Cali, they exist, but man are they tough to find, much less catch!

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:12 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:46 pm
Polkfish1 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:38 pm

That was on Sanibel Island. I take my daughters there every summer to swim and collect shells. I sneak off to fish every chance I get. Yes; I’ve been able to catch snook on those same beaches. But not this year. Last year that area was hammered by that algal bloom. I don’t know if that had anything to do with it. Every guy I spoke with complained that the fishing was worse this year. I couldn’t tell and maybe that’s because I just fool around and throw anything and everything in my box until I catch something. This year it was trout, mackerel, and all kinds of sharks. I lost 3 nice jerkbaits and 4 jdm plugs to sharks. On multiple occasions the smaller sharks would swim right up to me and investigate after I waded way out. Larger ones would keep a 6-8 ft distance. That’s not happened in previous years.
That area is my home turf, hell I was married in front of the Sanibel Lighthouse on the beach (that didn't last :lol: ). Your right, the algae bloom took a toll last year, but it has bounced back nicely this year. It is catch and release for all primary species right now (Snook,Redfish, Trout). But fish are abundent. Just returned from a Memorial Day weekend trip and although I was only able to do Saltwater one day, it was a good day, (12 snook, 6 reds) fishing early and late tides with one of my buddies and my daughter. They just had the Calcutta tournament out of South Seas Plantation this weekend and by thier guage, it was the best tournament to date. (180 inches won, bieng able to measure 2 Snook, 2 Redfish, and 2 ladyfish) A couple of pics from the trip...
Bieng a tackle enthusiest and now getting re-bit by the saltwater bug, my eyes are on a 19 Certate 4000 (with an added SC handle) to pair with an Evergreen Zephre Avantegarde Close Combat. Look for some of my JDM Bass gems to go on sale in the near future to finance the endevour.
rsz_1im_white_really.jpg
rsz_snoook.jpg
Nice work sir, solid fish! A few fellow enthusiast saltwater fishermen is nice to see, what a foreign concept :lol: So few and far between. I swear everyone uses cheap Penn gear around here!

Edward78
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Edward78 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:34 pm

A monster dink I hooked up with on the way home from work.

AlgonquinFan
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by AlgonquinFan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:23 pm

One of the lake trout that I caught in Algonquin Park on June 8.

Edward78
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Edward78 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:46 pm

SteveSchmelzle
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SteveSchmelzle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:52 pm

some bass from our first trip north of the year.

water temps were in the low to mid 60's, but didn't come across any bass left on their reds.

most fish came off slowly worked senko's, but found a magic blue fox that worked very well in the sparse weed growth.
1-2%

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tditox4 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:44 pm

What lake , Steve?

Edward78
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Edward78 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:35 pm

Chatterbait got me this one today on a very hot and humid day. I was throwing it on my old Conquest 101DC mounted to a Daiwa Tatula Elite Rod.

SteveSchmelzle
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SteveSchmelzle » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:19 pm

tditox4 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:44 pm
What lake , Steve?
one of the southern zone 10 lakes :)
1-2%

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:28 am

Zander (European) fun.

SteveSchmelzle
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SteveSchmelzle » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:30 am

those from Finland?

I'm first Gen Canadian. Mom was born in Finland.

Would love to Visit my home town and do some fishing....But man, Tourism is tough in the motherland :)
1-2%

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:45 am

SteveSchmelzle wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:30 am
those from Finland?

I'm first Gen Canadian. Mom was born in Finland.

Would love to Visit my home town and do some fishing....But man, Tourism is tough in the motherland :)

Yes. From Finland.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:41 am

MardukFIN wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:28 am
Zander (European) fun.

Half the fun of catching those fish, must be the delight of using those tweaked out combo's. Well done in Finlandia!

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:23 am

Oh yes! :lol:

I have only Steezes. Theres 1016 SV TW, CT SV TW 700XH and 103H. Rods are build by myself: NFC MB 736-1 X-Ray, HM Bushido MB76/8-15 and St. Croix 5C70MF-G.

Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Loafer » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:39 am

Todays 3 Lb Beauty :D .