Yumeya Bantam MGL Shallow Spool

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Yumeya Bantam MGL Shallow Spool

Post by goldrod » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:21 pm

Not a lot floating around so I just got one and some DoLive beavers..
anyone else using a yumeya shallow spool in there bantam?
I like shallow spools for pitching an flipping because I don't use backing at all
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Yumeya Bantam MGL Shallow Spool

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:51 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:21 pm
Not a lot floating around so I just got one and some DoLive beavers..
anyone else using a yumeya shallow spool in there bantam?
I like shallow spools for pitching an flipping because I don't use backing at all
Can't say much about the Yumeya spool other than, you are a one man spool Fort Knox. Sounds like a great setup!
The DoLive Beaver tho...showcased those a while back on my Mail Call thread. Found amazment at how the rear appendeges smacked together like butt cheeks at a twerking contest. I found that both the I and the fish cannot resist that action! My only gripe is I think I bought the ECO version, which lasts only a few fish. Most recently I have been using as a trailer on a Jackhammer with great success. But my favorite method is on a small Jika rig.
twerk.jpg
twerk.jpg (34.02 KiB) Viewed 3020 times

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:13 pm

I had seen one for a long time but never pulled the trigger
I said why not tonight
Butt the butt cheeks slapping together like at a twerking contest is a reaction innovations sales line if they came out with a similar lure as the DoLive. I have a package that is small and haven’t opened it up yet. I’m going to though.

Also if your using a tungsten football weight and have found that the clacking beads are magnetized and won’t separate. Put them under extreme heat and for some scientific reason that I am not aware of, after I dump them in water they loose their magnetism.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:52 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:13 pm
I had seen one for a long time but never pulled the trigger
I said why not tonight
Butt the butt cheeks slapping together like at a twerking contest is a reaction innovations sales line if they came out with a similar lure as the DoLive. I have a package that is small and haven’t opened it up yet. I’m going to though.

Also if your using a tungsten football weight and have found that the clacking beads are magnetized and won’t separate. Put them under extreme heat and for some scientific reason that I am not aware of, after I dump them in water they loose their magnetism.
Removes polarity, reducing magnetism. Iron for example is easily magnetized because a field induces similar orientation of all iron atoms giving a "north" and "south" pole.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:00 am

Anytime I hear the word Yumeya I automatically get hungry :lol: