High end JDM rod recommendations

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
heyitzpetah
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

High end JDM rod recommendations

Post by heyitzpetah » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:08 am

Hello, I am in the market for a new high end bait casting rod. My previous rod was an old generation poison adrena 6'10 m, which was the perfect action, light weight, sensitive, and stiffness for basically every technique from 1/4-1/2 oz lures. I was hoping anyone can suggest for me several JDM companies and or specific rods in a similar taper/action, basically a versatile rod. I was looking into getting the poison glorious, but prefer branching to other brands I have't tried before. I will be pairing the rod with a daiwa steez sv tw. I also don't have a particular budget, so any suggestions are welcome. Thank you

lzeil
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: High end JDM rod recommendations

Post by lzeil » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:20 am

daiwa steez racing design, megabass arms, evergreen inspirare, shimano ulitma...might have a model to fit your needs.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:21 am

Wait for it... Wait for it...
This is the way.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:32 am

I would highly suggest a Major Craft MS-X. Although not top of the line, it's a great bang for your buck. That or a Duckett. :lol:

OK.. all joking aside the MS-X is a great rod from what I hear and if that is your price range, one of the best options. If you are looking for top tier, Made in Japan, Ti-Torzite guide train, in-house made Toraca 1100G blank, limited edition. Here your go..

Designo DLR-C611ML/MHRST2S- Although these sold out quickly there happens to be one available on YJP

This is for reference...

https://www.backlash.co.jp/item/4560478095084/

This is the one available..good luck finding another.

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/t64 ... ch_suggest
Last edited by Aquaftm45 on Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

heyitzpetah
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by heyitzpetah » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:43 am

lzeil wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:20 am
daiwa steez racing design, megabass arms, evergreen inspirare, shimano ulitma...might have a model to fit your needs.
I actually have a few buddies with 3 of 4 those rods and they are definitely nice. Haven't heard of the inspirare though. Thanks for the suggestions

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:51 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:32 am
I would highly suggest a Major Craft MS-X. Although not top of the line, it's a great bang for your buck. That or a Duckett. :lol:

OK.. all joking aside the MS-X is a great rod from what I hear and if that is your price range, one of the best options. If you are looking for top tier, Made in Japan, Ti-Torzite guide train, in-house made Toraca 1100G blank, limited edition. Here your go..

Designo DLR-C611ML/MHRST2S- Although these sold out quickly there happens to be one available on YJP

This is for reference...

This guy's response is exactly what I was talking about. If you want to spend thousands of dollars on the absolute rarest top shelf tackle, he will help you make it rain.
This is the way.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:03 pm

As an aside, there sure are a lot of racing references in JDM Tackle. Racing this, Lauda that, Zonda, Pagani, Type R, etc, I'm sure there are countless others. I'd never even heard of Designo and they printed Racing on their blanks, while the top tier Steez rods are the Racing Design series. It's funny how other parts of their pop culture spill over into fishing. Major Craft named each rod in the original line of Major Sticks after a different MLB team. You see the occasional reference to samurai, katanas, etc, but surprisingly little given how prevalent that part of their history appears in the view we get of it over here.
This is the way.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:19 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:03 pm
As an aside, there sure are a lot of racing references in JDM Tackle. Racing this, Lauda that, Zonda, Pagani, Type R, etc, I'm sure there are countless others. I'd never even heard of Designo and they printed Racing on their blanks, while the top tier Steez rods are the Racing Design series. It's funny how other parts of their pop culture spill over into fishing. Major Craft named each rod in the original line of Major Sticks after a different MLB team. You see the occasional reference to samurai, katanas, etc, but surprisingly little given how prevalent that part of their history appears in the view we get of it over here.
So True! Geecrack Double Dutch series comes to mind with the "Double Dutch Panty Danker" or someting of the sort. Nice rods though.
I hope you know I was just ribbing you PN, you have a very envious arsenal!

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:24 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:19 pm
poisonokie wrote:
So True! Geecrack Double Dutch series comes to mind with the "Double Dutch Panty Danker" or someting of the sort. Nice rods though.
On further thought, maybe that Geecrack was the "Double Dutch Punch Drunker" and my mind was just wandering. Nice rods though..
A sad admission..before becoming afflicted, I owned 3 Ducketts.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:50 pm

Raid is another outside the box option. Unfortunately, a lot of the outside the norm rods can be difficult to source.

heyitzpetah
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by heyitzpetah » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:12 pm

Again, thank you for all the recommendation guys. Keep em coming if you can. I'm writing em all down haha. Guess my bank account won't be happy this year.

heyitzpetah
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by heyitzpetah » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:15 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:32 am

This is for reference...

WOW! that designo might very well be the rod I'm looking for, exact specs I want an beautiful to boot.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:16 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:19 pm
poisonokie wrote:
Oh, not at all! They are great rods for the money. The 70X should be here on the 20th, leaving the 76BB as the only one piece casting rod I don't have. I like them a lot more than anything available domestically for the same price. The actions are just awesome. And if they're that good, I'm afraid to go down the $500+ a pop road. Right now, my arsenal is beyond sufficient, but maybe one of these days...

The OP sounds like he's already strolling down that road as it is and there are a lot of options along the way.

Lol, those Geecrack rods are hilarious. What part of Japanese culture are they based on? Must be Hentai. :lol:
This is the way.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:42 pm

This is the way.

fishes
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishes » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:54 pm

steez racing design. There are rods that are close to as good as racing designs but nothing better