Jig/T-rig Rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Jig/T-rig Rod

Post by Samuel_b » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:21 am

BelDozer wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:52 am
Samuel_b wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:35 am
cndbasshunter wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:50 am
Expride 7'2" heavy
Couldn’t agree more. Maybe look at the 7’6 MH or H Expride if you want more length. Nothing sub GLX price point can touch them
The expride was one of my first choices, but the the only places that seem to have them in stock want to charge $100-$200 more
Check eBay. They’re readily available

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:34 am

BelDozer wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:04 am
Do you have any experience with the H 3’s for comparison? They seem at the top of the list for a lot of people, and a little less expensive by like $50
I do not, but I do have plenty of experience with the Megabass rods...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

BelDozer
Angler
Angler

Post by BelDozer » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:58 am

bronzefly wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:34 am
BelDozer wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:04 am
Do you have any experience with the H 3’s for comparison? They seem at the top of the list for a lot of people, and a little less expensive by like $50
I do not, but I do have plenty of experience with the Megabass rods...
What’s MB warranty/CS like? Do they have any type of replacement program for non manufacture/out of warranty misshaps?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:46 pm

BelDozer wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:58 am

What’s MB warranty/CS like? Do they have any type of replacement program for non manufacture/out of warranty misshaps?
Their customer service is top notch. I've been dealing with them personally for many years and they take good care of their customers.

Here is a link to the Megabass of America website that describes their rod warranty.

https://megabassusa.com/rod-warranty/
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

BelDozer
Angler
Angler

Post by BelDozer » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:30 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:46 pm
BelDozer wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:58 am

Their customer service is top notch. I've been dealing with them personally for many years and they take good care of their customers.

Here is a link to the Megabass of America website that describes their rod warranty.

https://megabassusa.com/rod-warranty/
Thank you for all your help!

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:54 pm

I'll second what Gary said about Megabass customer service. I've only had to deal with them once in that capacity and it was friendly and easy.

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:00 am

i have a lot of time in on the perfect pitch and the h3 7'3 hvy . both are stellar rods and are somewhat comparable when it comes down to baits they can throw , both being very versatile. Frogs, jigs, creatures, and skinny dippers are the main things in throw on mine. for me im going to go with the h3 just for the real seat fits me better and the cork handle is wider (larger hands) The xx does have more backbone but a spry tip thats lively and cosmetics are there as well. With those two you really cant go wrong both are great rods. They are a great bank fishing rod just for the array of baits and weight ranges each can handle.

BelDozer
Angler
Angler

Post by BelDozer » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:55 am

Revofisher wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:00 am
i have a lot of time in on the perfect pitch and the h3 7'3 hvy . both are stellar rods and are somewhat comparable when it comes down to baits they can throw , both being very versatile. Frogs, jigs, creatures, and skinny dippers are the main things in throw on mine. for me im going to go with the h3 just for the real seat fits me better and the cork handle is wider (larger hands) The xx does have more backbone but a spry tip thats lively and cosmetics are there as well. With those two you really cant go wrong both are great rods. They are a great bank fishing rod just for the array of baits and weight ranges each can handle.
What reel have you used on both set ups? Would you say the H3 can handle 1/2oz jigs & trailer?

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hennessy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:29 pm

I understand your issues with the Dobyns & I had last model champion extreme & the current model, didn’t take long to realize the lack of sensitivity, both are gone. So just throw out your budget of $300 & just get a nrx, lol. For what you’re going to use it for I’d say get the 873crr. I got tired of upgrading/selling rods & losing money. The only other brand close to that budget & they usually have sales is a zbone. If anything, your bottom contact rods need to be the best or close to it

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:45 am

I just used a Braillist yesterday and it handled a lot of baits really well. I mostly had luck using a chatterbait, but I think it would handle jigs and plastics in the range you mentioned, especially if you're not in heavy cover. At 7'5" it is an inch longer than what you specified, though.

I still think the Perfect Pitch will be your best option, but thought I'd share my findings.

BelDozer
Angler
Angler

Post by BelDozer » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:42 pm

MediumHeavy wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:45 am
I just used a Braillist yesterday and it handled a lot of baits really well. I mostly had luck using a chatterbait, but I think it would handle jigs and plastics in the range you mentioned, especially if you're not in heavy cover. At 7'5" it is an inch longer than what you specified, though.

I still think the Perfect Pitch will be your best option, but thought I'd share my findings.
PP is the front runner right now. Thank you for the update. Now my biggest concern is I will be wanting to buy more than one lol

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:41 pm

BelDozer wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:42 pm
PP is the front runner right now. Thank you for the update. Now my biggest concern is I will be wanting to buy more than one lol
You wouldn't be the first to have that experience! Best of luck regardless of your choice. Let us know!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

BelDozer
Angler
Angler

Post by BelDozer » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:13 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:41 pm
BelDozer wrote:
You wouldn't be the first to have that experience! Best of luck regardless of your choice. Let us know!
Will do for sure! And thank you for all the help. Freaking boat motor went south today. So, may have to pump the breaks on a new rod till I can get that figured out.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:32 pm

BelDozer wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:13 pm
bronzefly wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:41 pm
BelDozer wrote:
Will do for sure! And thank you for all the help. Freaking boat motor went south today. So, may have to pump the breaks on a new rod till I can get that figured out.
Ouch. That's never good. Hopefully it's something simple (and cheap) :lol:
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

smr913
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by smr913 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:20 am

Can anyone tell me how the 7'2" H Expride compares to the 7'2" H Zodias? Or does anyone have a recommendation for a 3/8-1/2 oz jig rod for $200 or less?