Megabass US Destoyer new models added to lineup

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass US Destoyer new models added to lineup

Post by goldrod » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:53 am

Houndfish wrote:Please let the F4.5-71X Otomat not be a cranking stick!

I’m hopeful it is not as well. I’m going to wait and see what the initial impressions are I
Am looking at the 7’3” expride but it’s out of stock. I’m being very careful on this next purchase
The 6’10 expride is on my radar as is the adrena but all night I’ve been looking for information on this Otomat.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:33 am

Revofisher wrote:tackle trap has them on the site and they give a brief description on the rod and what it was designed for. I dont think the otomat is a cranking stick it mentions it has a faster action with a soft tip for topwater walking baits, but it does mention it could be used for cranks for those who desire a faster action blank.
Huh, I am not sure what to make of it. It’s far longer then I would want from a topwater rod, but it might be good for long-range weighhtless plastics.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:18 am

Mark 48 gets me excited

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:30 am

Cristo wrote:Mark 48 gets me excited
It also has a very cool name...one that I am pretty fond of..... :big grin:

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:54 am

I am jealous :lol:

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:38 am

I went back and added a brief description of each model. Thanks

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:02 pm

The Bunker Buster sounds like fun

rich in co
Angler
Angler

Post by rich in co » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:01 pm

Jeez, I planned on adding a Valdiva & Addermine now you are telling me I need a bunker buster

TravisNY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TravisNY » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:32 pm

If anyone here is interested in seeing the two new spins under load drop me a PM in a couple days with a # and I'll text you a photo. Both of mine ship tomorrow.
Team flannel, overtime and promotion.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:46 pm

I will get pix added. I realized I just had pix from when I had the prototypes. I will get final pix added though.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:52 pm

M Perry wrote:I grew really, really partial to the Otomat for topwaters. Beat up some warm water power plant fish on it this past winter.
The description of the taper is confusing me, is's a R/MF rod but this bit is what is throwing me off "Unlike other models in the Destroyer line, the OTOMAT features a slow tip section to tone down the recovery rate of higher modulus carbon". I am not sure what a slow-tip is and how it relates to the over all taper?

As an aside those little charts that show deflection under load that exist for the JDM Destroyers would be a nice thing to have for the USDM rods as well.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:26 pm

Houndfish wrote:
M Perry wrote:I grew really, really partial to the Otomat for topwaters. Beat up some warm water power plant fish on it this past winter.
The description of the taper is confusing me, is's a R/MF rod but this bit is what is throwing me off "Unlike other models in the Destroyer line, the OTOMAT features a slow tip section to tone down the recovery rate of higher modulus carbon". I am not sure what a slow-tip is and how it relates to the over all taper?

As an aside those little charts that show deflection under load that exist for the JDM Destroyers would be a nice thing to have for the USDM rods as well.

I will look into it and see see if they add a chart.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:55 pm

I had the opportunity to fish the Otomat prototype and it was impressive. Ours will be in and ready to go next week and of course I'll take one for the team and fish all the new models, but I'm particularly excited about Otomat since i'm not a huge fan of glass rods. This one fills a needed space in the Destroyer line up and that Mark 48 is going to be popular for the "non-giant" swim bait crew :lol: The spinning rods have my attention as I've been doing a bunch of fishing with the Steez 76MML, Conquest 902, and have a couple higher end Croix 76 spinning models en route. I've become a big fan of those 76ish spinning rods 8-)
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:17 pm

M Perry wrote: I will look into it and see see if they add a chart.
Thanks, I think they are helpful, for all the waxing poetic we do about our beloved graphite rods, "seeing" the taper via a graph really adds a lot.
bronzefly wrote:I had the opportunity to fish the Otomat prototype and it was impressive.
You didn't happen to throw a weightless trickworm on it did you?

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:48 am

Mark or Gary if you guys can confirm if the Mark 48 has spiral configuration on the guide train? from my brief reading I don't believe it is, but I see double footed all the way =D> thank you 8-) I'm going to throw this out here again if Megabass ever wants someone to test rods I know a guy :lol: :roll: :big grin: hell I'll do Mr. Ito's laundry for crying out loud :lol: