The Go To big T-rig / C-rig Rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: The Go To big T-rig / C-rig Rod

Post by Hennessy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:10 am

Nrx 873crr

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:59 pm

Hennessy wrote:Nrx 873crr

I’ve been looking at this rod and honestly I’m about 99.5% sold
I’ve meticulously gone through the MB line up and through some others
THE ONLY reason I haven’t brought one yet is because of the new adrenas coming out and
The exprides that are out. I’ve backed myself into a corner and can not make a decision.

My patience is loosing the war with my impulsiveness to buy. But at half the price am I getting half the performance in the
Expride or should i wait for the adrenas to hit market and how will they compare? I have the nrx green 894 and I have not had
the other blue nrx but I believe there’s a difference especially when I sift through threads and actually see which of the two
People are commenting on. I have a new Steez Ltd on deck with no home , IS73 that I’ve just finished, and the Ringa I had up for sale but with the
Steez hlc spool coming in I said I’d pop that spool into it and see what it does.

The 873crr rod has some interesting reviews on it and Seems as good as people talk it up to be. But I’ve given myself seven days to decide because after that, I have to buy my son a Steez tws of some variant that I still haven’t finalized yet as a surprise to him....
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:35 pm

Mine is a recent acquisition, DAIWA HEARTLAND AGS - 741MHRB-SV AGS17 matched with a Steez SV.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:00 pm

goldrod wrote: the Ringa I had up for sale but with the
Steez hlc spool coming in I said I’d pop that spool into it and see what it does.
Please report back on this paring. I love my Ringa and would love to know how different spools do in it. Sadly mine will not take a ZPI PG spool, the inductor is a hair too long.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:29 pm

Houndfish wrote:
goldrod wrote: the Ringa I had up for sale but with the
Please report back on this paring. I love my Ringa and would love to know how different spools do in it. Sadly mine will not take a ZPI PG spool, the inductor is a hair too long.

Will do.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:13 pm

I’ve been really happy with the Dobyns Champion Extreme 784, the Mike Long jig rod, for rigs and jigs. It’s also versatile enough to throw an umbrella rig. It’s probably not as sensitive as some of the Megabass rods mentioned, and certainly not as sensitive as the NRX, but it’s still an excellent and versatile rod. I should note that I fish braid as a main line, although it has been plenty sensitive when using straight fluoro.

4g63power
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 4g63power » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:31 pm

Winstondry wrote:Mine is a recent acquisition, DAIWA HEARTLAND AGS - 741MHRB-SV AGS17 matched with a Steez SV.
Really like that rod for texas rigs too, with lighter line and sinkers

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:57 pm

Randingo wrote:I’ve been really happy with the Dobyns Champion Extreme 784, the Mike Long jig rod, for rigs and jigs. It’s also versatile enough to throw an umbrella rig. It’s probably not as sensitive as some of the Megabass rods mentioned, and certainly not as sensitive as the NRX, but it’s still an excellent and versatile rod. I should note that I fish braid as a main line, although it has been plenty sensitive when using straight fluoro.
I tried that rod and it was just not the action I was looking for, for jigs. I never used braid and that may have been what would have been the difference maker.

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DrPerf » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:24 am

Randingo wrote:I’ve been really happy with the Dobyns Champion Extreme 784, the Mike Long jig rod, for rigs and jigs. It’s also versatile enough to throw an umbrella rig. It’s probably not as sensitive as some of the Megabass rods mentioned, and certainly not as sensitive as the NRX, but it’s still an excellent and versatile rod. I should note that I fish braid as a main line, although it has been plenty sensitive when using straight fluoro.
A great rod, reasonably priced.

I have used mine for t-rigs, jigs, topwaters, chatterbaits and the lure range (1/4 -1 oz.) is legit.

It is one of the two Dobyns Extremes to remain in my tournament rotation.

Doc