Spool Compatibility

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Spool Compatibility

Post by goldrod » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:34 am

Does the shimano 17 Scorpion BFS spool fit any of the 50E frames?
Any of the BFS spools actually, conquest, scorpion, aldebaran BFS reels
Last edited by goldrod on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Spool Compatibility

Post by goldrod » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:49 am

i was on Hedgehog studios and trying to find spools that fit
maybe its best if I asked what are the 34 mm daiwa reels
and 36mm daiwa reels? I think the 36 are the OG zillions and fuegos cause they are interchangeable however

18 SV light spool?
1012 vs 1016 G1 spools? Im a little lost about. I have a royaga spool thats rcs2014 in my Z2020sh but it seems like an SV spool for a ryoga will fit too? I can't buy them all and find out.. I'd be living on the street when she found out. Can someone expound for me?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Spool Compatibility

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:08 am

The 17 Scorpion BFS spool wont fit in any of those platforms. The spool physically doesnt fit and the braking system is totally different.

Off the top of my head, 34mm reels are like the T3, Zillion SV, SV103, some Steez reels (SV TW is 34mm and some others).

18 SV Light spool is 32mm and is compatible with the T3 AIR, SS AIR and Alphas AIR (not Stream Custom)

Not too sure on the Ryoga situation.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing