Post purple

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Post purple

Post by tditox4 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:09 am

soulfisher wrote:I missed the first boat on the PG spools and now mine has arrived so I have updated this reel along with the knobs. Also inside are jjbassnforfun's 7.1 gears that have not only been performing very well for me, but also have brought a stroke of good luck with them. Vacation starts soon and it looks like FL will have prime WX for the holidays.

BEEE UUUU TEEE!!!=D> =D> =D> .....Me, I'd change those knobs out for a pair of metallic pink slp ones. I have a set on my pink PO. They are much nicer than the neon pink slp ones, and stay a lot cleaner.

soulfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by soulfisher » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:06 am

tditox4 wrote:
soulfisher wrote:I missed the first boat on the PG spools and now mine has arrived so I have updated this reel along with the knobs. Also inside are jjbassnforfun's 7.1 gears that have not only been performing very well for me, but also have brought a stroke of good luck with them. Vacation starts soon and it looks like FL will have prime WX for the holidays.

BEEE UUUU TEEE!!!=D> =D> =D> .....Me, I'd change those knobs out for a pair of metallic pink slp ones. I have a set on my pink PO. They are much nicer than the neon pink slp ones, and stay a lot cleaner.
Ha, I didn't realize they were metallic or I might of went that route. I was thinking they were some kind of foam. I originally bought a pair of the tacker ex in purple for this reel but wanted to try to keep offsetting the pink/purple and that would have had me joining purple knobs on the purple handle. So many knob options these days. Thanks!

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tditox4 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:48 am

soulfisher wrote:
tditox4 wrote:

Ha, I didn't realize they were metallic or I might of went that route. I was thinking they were some kind of foam. I originally bought a pair of the tacker ex in purple for this reel but wanted to try to keep offsetting the pink/purple and that would have had me joining purple knobs on the purple handle. So many knob options these days. Thanks!

I WANT THAT REEL!!!!!!! ;) =D> \:D/ \:D/ :big grin: :whistle: ...IT'S EXTREMELY PERFECT! VERY WELL DONE!

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:42 pm

That would look sick on that pink "ladies" legend Elite with the abalone inlays...
This is the way.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:04 pm

The only way that reel could get more feminine is to have a unicorn painted on the side :lol: . Maybe it and the Bape could get together and have babies. Little pink Pixy's and big green Monoblocks.
I don't mind imagining a hot scantily clad woman with it in her hands though.

soulfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by soulfisher » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:18 pm

I hear you man but, I do like unicorns and probably why I own more of (((THEM))). That reel
doesn’t get out much but maybe once a year on a LSC trip my friends from KY take me on. They call it ‘Mr. Metrosexual’ appropriately. This spool has me wanting to get it some time in next week and in FL with those same guys that are fishing with me during what looks to be ideal post Christmas conditions. For once I think we get our weather. Hope everyone else gets their weather too! Merry Christmas.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:15 pm

soulfisher wrote:I hear you man but, I do like unicorns and probably why I own more of (((THEM))). That reel
doesn’t get out much but maybe once a year on a LSC trip my friends from KY take me on. They call it ‘Mr. Metrosexual’ appropriately. This spool has me wanting to get it some time in next week and in FL with those same guys that are fishing with me during what looks to be ideal post Christmas conditions. For once I think we get our weather. Hope everyone else gets their weather too! Merry Christmas.
I couldn't help but needle ya :lol: . I have seen a few pink TDZ's and a hot pink TD Zillion on here over the years that guys have for their wives. They are well done also. I always like rare color schemes, even if it is not my personal colors. It would be hard not to fish a reel that nice. A picture of you with that reel and lunker would get you legendary reputation points.

soulfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by soulfisher » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:20 pm

toddmc wrote:
soulfisher wrote:I hear you man but, I do like unicorns and probably why I own more of (((THEM))). That reel
I couldn't help but needle ya :lol: . I have seen a few pink TDZ's and a hot pink TD Zillion on here over the years that guys have for their wives. They are well done also. I always like rare color schemes, even if it is not my personal colors. It would be hard not to fish a reel that nice. A picture of you with that reel and lunker would get you legendary reputation points.
That’s what I am hoping for man , otherwise the KY guys will be needlein more than you could imagine. Never count out ‘Mr Metro’!

soulfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by soulfisher » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:50 am

toddmc wrote:

We put some serious miles on the vehicles and fished what is normally a really good lake and only caught around 50 small bucks and one nice six between two boats - we worked really hard just for those. We put away the boats and then on the last day of vacation, got this one off our our dock at home.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:18 am

soulfisher wrote:
toddmc wrote:

We put some serious miles on the vehicles and fished what is normally a really good lake and only caught around 50 small bucks and one nice six between two boats - we worked really hard just for those. We put away the boats and then on the last day of vacation, got this one off our our dock at home.
Well done! =D>

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:50 am

This is the way.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:03 am

Looks Awesome PN.
Your making me want to buy!!!

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:06 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:Looks Awesome PN.
Your making me want to buy!!!
Just returning the favor!!! :lol:

The Zonda or the lip grips? The Zonda is a sweet, solid, great casting reel. It's spooled with 12# sniper and sitting on a 610M/R (1/4-3/4, 10-16) and that's gonna be my Keitech rod this year. It launches a two nail "Chikubi" rigged 3.8 FAT, which weighs 10g on an Owner Twistlock Light 3/0, a looong way without a hint of backlash. That's my go to bait, so I cannot wait to give it a shot.

I got the lip grips, which are very elegantly designed and should last forever, because I think I'm allergic to the slime coat on fish. If I catch a fish and then get my fingers anywhere near my eyes they'll turn red, swell, and itch like crazy for a few hours, even if I wash my hands first. It's crazy. So hopefully I can get good enough with those to avoid touching the fish at all, which is better for them anyway. Plus they'll help with getting deep hooks out and come in handy around toothy species should I encounter any. I'm not sure what their weight limit is, but they lifted one of my big 55L tackle bags no problem.
This is the way.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:42 am

Matching rod and reel colors is one thing, but matching your bedsheets to your tackle is going a bit far imho.
poisonokie wrote:It launches a two nail "Chikubi" rigged 3.8 FAT, which weighs 10g on an Owner Twistlock Light 3/0, a looong way without a hint of backlash. That's my go to bait, so I cannot wait to give it a shot.
What size nail weights are you using? I want to give this a try.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:54 am

Houndfish wrote:Matching rod and reel colors is one thing, but matching your bedsheets to your tackle is going a bit far imho.
poisonokie wrote:It launches a two nail "Chikubi" rigged 3.8 FAT, which weighs 10g on an Owner Twistlock Light 3/0, a looong way without a hint of backlash. That's my go to bait, so I cannot wait to give it a shot.
What size nail weights are you using? I want to give this a try.
:lol: Purple is a lucky color to the Japanese. That's why Megabass uses it so much on their 110's. So it makes sense to have purple sheets. =P~

I use 1/32nd oz tungsten weights. The bass pro and eagle claw ones are both great. The eagle claw ones are pagoda style and a little longer.
This is the way.