Daiwa Steez AGS

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
MNBassin03
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Daiwa Steez AGS

Postby MNBassin03 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:28 am

Hi All,

I'm looking for some info on the Daiwa Steez AGS line. I had a small amount of time with the 7'6 H flipping rod. I am interested in feedback of other rods in the line, sensitivity, action, balance, comfort etc.. Specifically anyone have any experience with their 7'1 MH F action, 7'4 XH F, the 7'6 H above, and the 8' H XF. Any other experience with other rods in the line, any that "stand out" would be great as well. I appreciate the help!

Thanks,

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa Steez AGS

Postby timinmo » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:01 pm

I don't know how much it will help but I have one of the AGS Steez Spinning rods. I think it is a fine rod and very sensitive. I have had it for a couple years and the guides have held up just fine. My only reservation is that I am using spinning equipment less and casting more, so it may not get the use that it would if it was a casting rod. Of course this is not a fault of the rod, only my changing tastes.

Hope this helps.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby bronzefly » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:51 pm

I've fished quite a few Daiwa Steez AGS rods now and overall, they are fantastic. My personal favorite is the 761MMLFS spinning rod, mine is paired with a new US Exist. I've been a die hard "Stella guy" for a very long time and this is the first reel that's made me question that loyalty - it's that good. Paired with the 761, it's a world class combo.

The 801HXB I haven't fished, but the 71MH is fantastic, the 721MHRB, 741XHFB, and the 761HFB are all top notch rods indeed.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

lzeil
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby lzeil » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:09 pm

stz711mhxb-ags is a gud rod, but the racing design line really spoiled me :)

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby timinmo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:14 am

I know this is a little off topic, but I for one am glad to see Bronzefly posting. Seems like it has been awhile. I have always enjoyed your informed posts. I apologize to the OP for going off topic.

poisonokie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby poisonokie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:39 am

timinmo wrote:I know this is a little off topic, but I for one am glad to see Bronzefly posting. Seems like it has been awhile. I have always enjoyed your informed posts. I apologize to the OP for going off topic.

Yeah, where you been, fool?
Cast baits, not doubts.

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby timinmo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:35 am

I guess I just pay closer attention than you.

MNBassin03
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Postby MNBassin03 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:02 pm

The little time I had with the 7'6 H, I felt like it was very much a bottom contact rod. Are the other rods in the line, specifically the 7'1 MH the same type of feeling, or do they play with swim jigs, chatterbaits (I know it's not ideal), but still some of those moving baits with single hooks?

poisonokie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby poisonokie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:46 pm

timinmo wrote:I guess I just pay closer attention than you.

I was just saying I noticed the same thing, fool.
Cast baits, not doubts.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:00 pm

MNBassin03 wrote:The little time I had with the 7'6 H, I felt like it was very much a bottom contact rod. Are the other rods in the line, specifically the 7'1 MH the same type of feeling, or do they play with swim jigs, chatterbaits (I know it's not ideal), but still some of those moving baits with single hooks?

When I had the 71 MH, I felt it may not be a great taper for moving baits. Maybe if you use mono.
Hobie-Wan Kenobi

HobeyBaker
Angler
Angler

Postby HobeyBaker » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:05 am

Like Gary said the 76mml is one hell of a rod. I have mine paired with an Exsence.

Return to “Rods”