Powell Endurance rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
jcat
Angler
Angler

Powell Endurance rods

Post by jcat » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:51 am

I have noticed minimal comments on the newer Endurance series from Powell. A few years ago everyone seemed to love the Powell line up. I think the original Endurance rods looked great with the raindrop effect, but the new ones are lighter and offer great value for the price. Has Powell been bypassed by other brands or has Tackle Tour moved on to more expensive rods?

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Powell Endurance rods

Post by godshippy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:41 am

There's just a lot more variety available today than there was...what...6 years ago when the Endurance line was introduced?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:57 am

godshippy wrote:There's just a lot more variety available today than there was...what...6 years ago when the Endurance line was introduced?
Very true, the market is just flooded with extremely nice offerings in the $150-$200 segment today. What's more, the $100- $120 segment has rods that are as nice or nicer than the original Endurance rods from just a few yrs ago.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:08 am

I got a 6'8 MH XF that I love. Its a little beast, and light as hell.
<")))><{