Anti Reverse Bearings

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Anti Reverse Bearings

Post by LgMouthGambler » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:25 am

When have you ever needed to change one?

-why? and what do you think was the culprit?
<")))><{

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Anti Reverse Bearings

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:51 pm

its mainly the sleeve that needs replacing due to corrosion or pitting, But the bearing itself also suffers the same. The antireverse bearing and sleeve are the most overlooked item when trying to find the source of vibration in a reel. people will change bearings and gear sets only to find its the antireverse causing the issue.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:58 pm

I've seen plenty of them fail in my years of working on reels. Most of the time it is caused by rust. But some I have seen the plastic needle bearing retainer crack into pieces destroying the bearing.
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:40 am

Most of the reels I service around here are used in the salt, and the ARB is always a problem. 90% of the time people think they have a gear issue, it’s the ARB or a frame bearing that has rusted slightly. Once I use TSI 321 on them, no more problems.