Original Daiwa Fuego Spool weight

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Original Daiwa Fuego Spool weight

Post by 78Staff » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:48 pm

Anyone know the weight of the original Daiwa Fuego spool? Been searching for a 100M/100ML spool for some time now with not much success. I see TackleTrap still has Feugo spools available, but not sure how much different it would be than the OG Zillion spool I'm using now.

Any other 36mm spools I should be considering... HLC spools are pretty hard to find too :(.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Original Daiwa Fuego Spool weight

Post by Tokugawa » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:00 pm

22-23g IIRC.

The OG zillion spools were the same weight except for the CC which was 19g.

There are twp part numbers for the tdz-100 spools. One for left and one for right, although they are completely interchangeable. Not sure if that helps.

78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 78Staff » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:08 pm

Thanks, that is what I was thinking as well - not enough difference to warrant replacing the OG Zillion spool I have in there now. I do see some HLC spools on the Japan auction sites, but they are close to $100. I'll keep looking for the 100M/ML Gigas I guess.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:31 pm

HLC spools hold their value. :lol: