Valkyrie Spiral Wrapped Rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Valkyrie Spiral Wrapped Rod

Post by goldrod » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:18 am

I'm interested in this stick.. does anyone have it in hand yet?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Valkyrie Spiral Wrapped Rod

Post by Cristo » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:36 pm

I'm sure it would be dope I am getting more and more curious about the valkyrie line myself but just can't get over the weights of the rod seems pretty heavy for what they're trying to do I guess it makes sense, but spiral wrapped and double footed guides are the way to go especially with bigger baits! Grab one up and let us know my man :big grin:

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Valkyrie Spiral Wrapped Rod

Post by Polkfish1 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:32 pm

goldrod wrote:I'm interested in this stick.. does anyone have it in hand yet?
I just came inside a few minutes ago after fishing 71H spiral the past hour. My initial thoughts are in a thread in enthusiast section. I really like the rod. I’m fishing it primarily in 1-2 ft of water right now in thick semi dead slop on shallow FL lakes. I’m impressed with the sensitivity; there are a lot of dinks shallow and I’ve been fishing under spins with various plastics to frogs. I can feel lite bites by dinks on underspins in 10-15 mph wind current shallow. Powerful rod and am having no trouble placing baits where I want them. Largest fish so far with it was like 3, so have not tested its “monster hunting” prowess yet. Wish it were like a 7.4 though.