Impressions of new Tatula rods?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
cumara
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Impressions of new Tatula rods?

Post by cumara » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:07 am

Wondering if anyone has fished or handled the new Tatula rods -- balance, weight, sensitivity or other observations? Thanks!

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Impressions of new Tatula rods?

Post by cndbasshunter » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:34 am

heavy.

jte54
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jte54 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:37 am

Not digging the new reel seats. They're just like the Curado rods and I don't feel like the Tatula sv reel feels that great on them, but I did not feel a Tatula 100 on it. Really wished Daiwa would've went with one of their own reel seats.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:35 am

Just grabbed an older Tatula 7' M casting for $89 shipped from a larger retailer. Last one in stock. I like the older rods and time will tell how the newer ones compare.

Just_Bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Just_Bass » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:13 pm

jte54 wrote:Not digging the new reel seats. They're just like the Curado rods and I don't feel like the Tatula sv reel feels that great on them, but I did not feel a Tatula 100 on it. Really wished Daiwa would've went with one of their own reel seats.
Too bad, I planed to get new tatula rod as well because I like old tatula regular a lot and own 4 of them. I don't like new curado reel seat either fished with it for a few time and sold afterward.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:16 am

seems like daiwa's moving away from their seats which really sucks. the airbeam is just so much more comfortable to me than any other rods i have.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:49 am

Jason Penn wrote:seems like daiwa's moving away from their seats which really sucks. the airbeam is just so much more comfortable to me than any other rods i have.
This dumb move will cost them a lot of money. They will figure it out.

grantman83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by grantman83 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:10 am

Held one in local shop...not a fan, didn’t feel comfortable like the older ones
Yield not to misfortunes but advance against them

jte54
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jte54 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:37 am

toddmc wrote:
Jason Penn wrote:seems like daiwa's moving away from their seats which really sucks. the airbeam is just so much more comfortable to me than any other rods i have.
This dumb move will cost them a lot of money. They will figure it out.
Best reel seat was the old green handle's, but I am really liking the Elites reel seats. For me part of the allure of Daiwa has always been their reel seats from the old green handles to the Light and Toughs and even the Ballistics had a great reel seat. I am happy they're getting back to cork, but I am just now starting to like the foam. So I am like should a guy wait to see what comes out in cork before getting a fleet of all these new rods?

KlingerNOK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KlingerNOK » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:24 pm

Anything would be an improvement over the handles on my previous gen. Tatula rods.
I'm eager to handle one in person.

Just_Bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Just_Bass » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:33 am

Just got new 2018 Tatula Rod for a replacement of my old broken tip Tatula from Daiwa. Im selling it off, not a fan at all both reeel seat and full cork. I like old Shimano Crucial gen2 (EVA foam) and Old Tatula rod. I might have to go with Phenix Rod instead.

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:45 pm

Just got the Tatula 610mh

Such an amazing blank. Looks identical to the Zillion but sanded near the base. Light, crisp, great taper.

Sending it back though as the reel seat is horrid. It is so big and bulky. I'm 6'4" wear xl or xxl gloves and this seat too cumbersome for me...how are the Japanese using these?

Why not use the octopus seat? Best real seat ever second to the Airbeam.

Daiwa🤯

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:03 pm

RMCatchNrelease wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:45 pm

Such an amazing blank. Looks identical to the Zillion but sanded near the base. Light, crisp, great taper.

Sending it back though as the reel seat is horrid. It is so big and bulky. I'm 6'4" wear xl or xxl gloves and this seat too cumbersome for me...how are the Japanese using these?

Daiwa🤯
Was this the old tatula? I'm assuming since my old tatula and my zillion look very similar. I really like both the old tatula and zillion. Look like the same reel seat but maybe different material. I also like the way the tatula elite series feels in my hand but really don't care for the look of them or the new tatula rods compared to the original tatula.

Maybe I'm not experienced enough but for the most part I don't really notice much except how smooth a reel is or how heavy/light a combo is. Reel seat doesn't even enter my mind when fishing. For reference I only have experience with daiwa (og tatula, Cronos, tatula elite, zillion), dobyns fury and savvy, megabass levante, irod Genesis 2, st. Croix mojo bass, maybe a few more that I'm forgetting.

What rods do you own that have reel seats you like?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:18 pm

I think the new Tatula rods are some of the most under rated rods out there at their price point. While I'm not a fan of the reel seat either, I find them too bulky in general, the blanks are really nice. They have a great selection to cover most applications at a very reasonable price point. I think that if they had they chosen even something as simple and effective as the venerable Fuji ECS, the reviews would be significantly different.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:51 pm

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:03 pm
RMCatchNrelease wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:45 pm

Daiwa🤯
Was this the old tatula? I'm assuming since my old tatula and my zillion look very similar. I really like both the old tatula and zillion. Look like the same reel seat but maybe different material. I also like the way the tatula elite series feels in my hand but really don't care for the look of them or the new tatula rods compared to the original tatula.

Maybe I'm not experienced enough but for the most part I don't really notice much except how smooth a reel is or how heavy/light a combo is. Reel seat doesn't even enter my mind when fishing. For reference I only have experience with daiwa (og tatula, Cronos, tatula elite, zillion), dobyns fury and savvy, megabass levante, irod Genesis 2, st. Croix mojo bass, maybe a few more that I'm forgetting.

What rods do you own that have reel seats you like?
New Tatula, I have several Zillion rods and Tat Elite as well. The new Tatula seat flares out behind the reel seat making it feels very chunky. It seems strange as most manufacturers have gone thinner and thinner.

I have to agree, best black and guides for the price. Just not loving the feel in hand.