Expride A stock

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
toledo bend bass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Expride A stock

Post by toledo bend bass » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:30 pm

What is going on with the expride rods? Everyone seems to stay out of stock on certain models like the 7'2 mh and heavy and the 6'10 medium and also the 7'3 xh. Just wondering why takes so long to get more in stock??

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: Expride A stock

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:11 am

It's a simple lead time issue. Demand for the rods grew a lot in a short period of time and depleted the inventory. More are on the way.

toledo bend bass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by toledo bend bass » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Still waiting on expride rods to be restocked! Everyone is always out and still no answer for when to expect them to be in stock. I guess I just don't get how a rod that has been out for quite sometime all of a sudden be this hard to get. I fish 90% shimano rods exclusively and have been wanting to go all expride rods but am worried now that shimano has problems getting these rods and also meeting the demands for expride rods. I guess I just don't understand the problem with keeping these rods stocked!

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:04 am

The 72MH will be in at the end of this month. The 73XH will be available in November. The demand has gone up for the rods which makes it harder due to the lead time to get them quickly enough to cover demand.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:12 am

worth the wait... im waiting on a few more myself :)

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:29 am

Is the 6'10" Medium the next step up from the semi-BFS style rod? I am really hunting a "true" medium style rod, maybe even a slightly stronger medium and cannot find one. Seems most manufacturers that have a lighter rod then skip up to a fairly stout MH, leaving a void for a decent Medium rod. The manufacturers that do have a good medium rod have it way too short, but in this case, 6'10" isn't so bad. Just wondering about it (6'10") or if there are plans to add a +7' Medium to the lineup.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:59 am

Yes the 610M is what I would consider a true Medium powered rod.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:38 am

Bantam1 wrote:Yes the 610M is what I would consider a true Medium powered rod.
Be good for plastics, finesse jigs, small swimbaits, shaky heads, etc.? It's hard to try taper/action of a rod where I live, no vendors around carry much of anything. The Curado rods I got to handle were pretty strong though, at least the MH was. I enjoy the reel seat on it though, but the Shimano Ci4 seats look good too.

toledo bend bass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by toledo bend bass » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:25 pm

Seems to me that if in this high demand that shimano would make more of an effort to keep all models available. I fish on Toledo bend and sam Rayburn and never see any expride rods laid out on others deck of boat. Guess I'm just starting to get frustrated with shimano and the situation with stock of expride rods. Hopefully these rods aren't being faded out and that's why stocks are always on backorder. I 30+ zodias and expride rods and have been very happy with those but wanting to change all my zodias rods to expride and it's just frustrating that these rods in all models are so hard to get. If demands are there then shimano needs to be able to meet those. Just frustrating...

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:39 pm

It's due to factory times and lead times to us for shipping. Japan is primary market for these rods so as you can imagine they get the majority of the product. I wish we could have a warehouse full of product but in this day and age it just doesn't work that way. We only have so much space between two warehouses that house products from 5 different brands (including bike brands). Forecasting is a tough thing to do with fishing because at any time something can just take off. When you aren't ready for it, it can take a while to catch up.

With rods for example we have to purchase material, guides, make reel seats and then manufacture time. All of these products may have different lead times. They are not going to purchase thousands of extra guides to house, or tonnage of the carbon material and resins. Japan likes efficiency and this will always be the case. Rods with Spiral-X and Hi-Power X are more labor intensive to manufacture because of the process. This means they can only make so many rods per day.

I know this isn't the answer you want to hear. It is the truth and the reason why catching up to increasing demand has been difficult with these rods.

toledo bend bass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by toledo bend bass » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:35 pm

Thanks. That was a real honest answer...so thank you for taking time to explain.

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:26 pm

Thanks Bantam for the great warranty service ! My Expride came yesterday and it’s perfect.

Fellas this is why Shimano is so awesome , great people = great service .