G Loomis Demo Warranty

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
dock1332
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

G Loomis Demo Warranty

Post by dock1332 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:04 pm

I was looking at a G. Loomis GLX on tackle warehouse and I just discovered that you can buy a nrx cheaper than a glx if you buy a demo. I was a little skeptical yet excited to hear you could buy a demo for cheaper so I decided to research a little more. On the G Loomis website it says that demo rods aren’t covered under warranty but under the tackle freak website it says all rods and reels are covered under the original manufacture warranty. I am just wondering if they are covered or are they not covered that way I can decide on the glx vs nrx. Thanks

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: G Loomis Demo Warranty

Post by Bantam1 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:12 am

Over the years G.Loomis has made demo rods for other purposes. The handles were burned with the word DEMO on the handle. Those rods are not covered under warranty. The rods being sold by dealers should not be marked as these were either rep samples or rods used for demonstration purposes. They will typically have marks from handling, some dirty spots on the corkm etc.

dock1332
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: G Loomis Demo Warranty

Post by dock1332 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:14 am

Thanks I guess I will go with a demo nrx over a brand new glx.