Steez A Question

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Steez A Question

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:54 am

Anyone know an average wait time for an order from Digitaka???

TommyG
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TommyG » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:19 pm

They are pretty fast. EMS is usually 3 days to customs. Once it get to customs keep your fingers crossed.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:26 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:Anyone know an average wait time for an order from Digitaka???
last one i got from them was 9 days total..it ships 3 days after you order.

FamKench
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by FamKench » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:08 pm

Back in June I ordered my Steez A in the morning on Tuesday 19th and it was at my door Saturday afternoon on the 23rd. Took 4 days.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:41 am

FamKench wrote:
Back in June I ordered my Steez A in the morning on Tuesday 19th and it was at my door Saturday afternoon on the 23rd. Took 4 days.
That's really quick. I ordered mine very early July 31st (work 3pm-11pm). Not sure what time it was over there, but I hope it gets here soon. Know anyone wanting an extra Steez A spool???

FamKench
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by FamKench » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:55 pm

Save it. You never know what you can use it on in the future. I'm planning to use my steez a spool in my sv103 once I upgrade the steez a.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:03 am

So my Steez A just came in, I am happy so far. Feels very well greased, it is very smooth but the handle doesn't turn freely after a good spin (not that it matters). My question is about the spool, I didn't know it would be this light... I got 13 grams WITH BEARING multiple times. If this spool does end up in my SS/SV and I don't sell it, it will need a good acetone bearing bath first, you can tell the bearings are oiled pretty heavy/thick themselves. Maybe it is just me, but I do think a 100mm Tatula HD handle with the SV105 style knobs will be great. This reel is much smaller than I imagined, but a 100mm will do fine, and the SV105 will get the Steez A's 90mm.

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:14 am

DirtyD64 wrote:So my Steez A just came in, I am happy so far. Feels very well greased, it is very smooth but the handle doesn't turn freely after a good spin (not that it matters). My question is about the spool, I didn't know it would be this light... I got 13 grams WITH BEARING multiple times. If this spool does end up in my SS/SV and I don't sell it, it will need a good acetone bearing bath first, you can tell the bearings are oiled pretty heavy/thick themselves. Maybe it is just me, but I do think a 100mm Tatula HD handle with the SV105 style knobs will be great. This reel is much smaller than I imagined, but a 100mm will do fine, and the SV105 will get the Steez A's 90mm.

All i can say you have a great reel there and please do share with us how you like it :)...

anyway I am happy with mine and I have tried with Zillion SV 1016, I will be trying with SLP works SV1016 G1 and I am still thinking if I need to buy the ZPI NRC001 PG to try or not ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ..

Anyone knows what is the weight of ZPI NRC001PG?.

Mind to share here with me :)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
WW

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:32 am

wirinhar wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
All i can say you have a great reel there and please do share with us how you like it :)...

anyway I am happy with mine and I have tried with Zillion SV 1016, I will be trying with SLP works SV1016 G1 and I am still thinking if I need to buy the ZPI NRC001 PG to try or not ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ..

Anyone knows what is the weight of ZPI NRC001PG?.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
WW
A guy on here, Trey Harpel I think had a youtube video of a tricked out Steez, think he said the ZPI weighed 6 grams WITH bearing. That is stupid lightweight, said the stock 1012 G1 SV was 10 grams (thumbnail in video shows 8 grams).
Here is that video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxusGm5ZC_g

Spool talk begins around the 3:40 mark.

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tony9 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:42 am

wirinhar wrote: Anyone knows what is the weight of ZPI NRC001PG?.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
WW

Kurt L
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Kurt L » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:43 pm

I just ordered an XSL from Digitaka last night! :D

Kurt

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:07 pm

Is the ZPI M (shallow one) even lighter? I'm getting a new spool, whether I sell the SS/SV spool, the Steez A spool, or even the 1016 Zillion SV spool.

Right now I am mainly torn between the shallow ZPI and the 1012 G1 SV. That fixed inductor worries me, I've got a good thumb, and I know ZPI builds good stuff, just not sure if it will be different than I'm used to.

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:55 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
wirinhar wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:

A guy on here, Trey Harpel I think had a youtube video of a tricked out Steez, think he said the ZPI weighed 6 grams WITH bearing. That is stupid lightweight, said the stock 1012 G1 SV was 10 grams (thumbnail in video shows 8 grams).
Here is that video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxusGm5ZC_g

Spool talk begins around the 3:40 mark.
Thank you for sharing, Sir!!

WW

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:04 pm

Tony9 wrote:
wirinhar wrote: Anyone knows what is the weight of ZPI NRC001PG?.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
WW
Thank you for sharing the picture, Sir!!

So from what i see on the picture, there are only bearing and the pin stopper. ( basically there are no cage/cup bearing and no bearing retaining clip like what they have in stock and SV spool ), Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
WW

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:56 pm

It is just the bigger bearing that fits, doesn't need the cage. That is how the Steez A bearing is, if you run an SV spool you need the cage and bearing or just have the stock bearing to replace the cage/bearing combo.

I am a little aggravated now, I spooled up the stock Steez A spool with some braid backing, then added 12lb Invizx. I went on to respool the Zillion SV TW G1 spool with braid backing and my all time favorite HiSeas Quattro Camo fluoro (this is the spool my Steez A will get) and a burred edge piece of line let me only fill it about 90%. No big deal, its all good but this has happened twice now with HiSeas line. Once they sent me a new spool and the other time they didn't believe me. Lucky for them their line is amazing so I will keep using it. Just do not know why some spools have a random burr down in them.

I am going to give the stock Steez A spool a few yard tries, but for now I am still selling it.

After using the Zillion TWS DIY spool I really wish all of my spools were shallow. It is really nice to save weight and just put the line on you need. For example, it would have been much easier to fix the short-spooling I experienced with the G1 1016 if it had been a 1012.