Tenryu UL Rods?

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
CM_Stewart
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Tenryu UL Rods?

Post by CM_Stewart » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:24 am

Alphahawk wrote:I need to find out if Daiwa sells replacement AGS guides. Do you know if bulk spools of line are sold in the Japanese stores? I know you can buy the 3 packs...and once I saw a 6 pack of filler spools but have never seen bulk spools on any of the sites.

Regards
I will ask about the replacement AGS guides.

As far as I know, the line generally comes in packs of 5 or 6 spools, but I have never seen bulk spools. I will ask about that, also.
Chris Stewart
(affiliations: TenkaraBum.com, Finesse-Fishing.com)

CM_Stewart
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CM_Stewart » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:29 am

Allsorts wrote: I like what you've done with store and am wondering why you haven't stocked the Smith AR-S and Niakis spinners yet? Genuinely don't twist line and are lethal on panfish, bass, trout you name it.
Anti-spinner bias based on line twist. Those genuinely don't twist line? I'll order some tonight.
Chris Stewart

CM_Stewart
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CM_Stewart » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:56 am

Alphahawk wrote: I need to find out if Daiwa sells replacement AGS guides.
Replacement guides are available. If replacing a guide on an AGS rod you can order by guide number, if for use on another rod, order by size.
Chris Stewart

Allsorts
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Allsorts » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:33 am

CM_Stewart wrote:
Allsorts wrote: I like what you've done with store and am wondering why you haven't stocked the Smith AR-S and Niakis spinners yet? Genuinely don't twist line and are lethal on panfish, bass, trout you name it.
Anti-spinner bias based on line twist. Those genuinely don't twist line? I'll order some tonight.
Clever design, built in power swivel and offset bodies. Some of my happiest fishing memories are flinging spinners on the Boise river in the 90's....but the line twist was a bear. These Smith spinners are the real deal, fished them lots on mono, no line twist.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:58 am

CM_Stewart wrote:
Alphahawk wrote: I need to find out if Daiwa sells replacement AGS guides.
Replacement guides are available. If replacing a guide on an AGS rod you can order by guide number, if for use on another rod, order by size.
Thanks for the info.

Regards

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:50 pm

Allsorts wrote: Clever design, built in power swivel and offset bodies. Some of my happiest fishing memories are flinging spinners on the Boise river in the 90's....but the line twist was a bear. These Smith spinners are the real deal, fished them lots on mono, no line twist.
Oh man, those look great. I swear I have a USDM spinner with an offset body like that, but I cant seem to lay hands on it atm. But the built in swivel is great, I have tried adding them to spinner before with very mixed results, so a built in one is huge.