Steez a tension knob

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Jmoua86
Angler
Angler

Steez a tension knob

Post by Jmoua86 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:21 am

Accidentally turned the spool tension knob, how to reset to factory settings? Thanks guys

rajiv97
Angler
Angler

Re: Steez a tension knob

Post by rajiv97 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:09 am

Jmoua86 wrote:Accidentally turned the spool tension knob, how to reset to factory settings? Thanks guys
1. Release your clutch and try shaking the spool.
2. If it is shaking, increase the tension bit by bit until it COMPLETELY stops shaking.

If you accidentally tightened your spool instead, when you release the clutch the spool wont shake. So I would advice you to reduce the tension until it starts shaking. And then gradually tightening it again until it stops.

I'm not sure if this is the right way or not, but this is how I do it. Good luck!

Jmoua86
Angler
Angler

Post by Jmoua86 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:30 am

Thanks I will try that

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:59 pm

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:34 pm

With the sv reels I've fished, I've dailed in the spool tension from the start to the line and lure I was using until I was happy with the casting. I didn't read or realize the stuff about factory settings. I guess I'm the typical dude that doesn't read instructions. That's worked for me fine though

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:43 am

I thought they had the tension too tight from the factory. I loosened mine after the 1st cast.

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:17 am

Daiwa recommends with sv reels to loosen the cast control cap until there’s a slight wiggle in the spool and then add clicks until the wiggle stops and then back it off 1 click. Since that reel doesn’t have a clicking ccc then dial it back until it wiggles and then turn it until it doesn’t wiggle and then back it off 1mm. Personally I felt it was set a bit tight from factory and on all my reels with sv spools I set it to have a very slight wiggle without the thumb bar being pressed and leave it at that. This video shows what I’m talking about. Start it at 2:40.

https://youtu.be/DoZ0ghlhMrk

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:32 pm

My Steez SV TWs have a very tight cast control knob that was preset at the factory. My Steez As cast control knob is not overly snug like the SV TWs. It's easily adjustable. I don't think, at least mine, the Steez A was factory preset or meant to stay snug. It isn't an SV reel.