Chronarch 50E or Curado K?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Chronarch 50E or Curado K?

Post by fishingandfords » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:50 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
ShimanoFan wrote:
Kingpin wrote:I was able to use one of my new Curado K's yesterday and I have to say, Its the nicest sub 300.00 reel I have used. WOW! this thing does everything with ease. I was bombing a 3/8 Chatterbait with 40lb braid yesterday. I made no effort what so ever on each cast and the didtance is on par with my Metanium MGL. I know its slightly heavier but it paired extremely well with an old Powell that I had laying around. The reel provides great feedback while displaying a silky smooth retrieve. I will be adding more.
Well said! The K got another fishing buddy of mine this past week. Now he has 2 and is adding a 3rd today.
I'm working on selling a Tatula HD and putting one on my cranking rod (7'6"MH moderate), still going for the 7 speed.

Then pony up and get bantam. Sick moving bait reel

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:24 am

fishingandfords wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
ShimanoFan wrote:
Kingpin wrote:I was able to use one of my new Curado K's yesterday and I have to say, Its the nicest sub 300.00 reel I have used. WOW! this thing does everything with ease. I was bombing a 3/8 Chatterbait with 40lb braid yesterday. I made no effort what so ever on each cast and the didtance is on par with my Metanium MGL. I know its slightly heavier but it paired extremely well with an old Powell that I had laying around. The reel provides great feedback while displaying a silky smooth retrieve. I will be adding more.
Well said! The K got another fishing buddy of mine this past week. Now he has 2 and is adding a 3rd today.
I'm working on selling a Tatula HD and putting one on my cranking rod (7'6"MH moderate), still going for the 7 speed.

Then pony up and get bantam. Sick moving bait reel
Changed my mind, Tatula HD is about to sell, then a Bantam will probably be going on my jig rod. Plan on putting an old Zillion TWS 7.3 on crank rod.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:24 am

Just bought a Curado K but unfortunately its a XG... the right price was the decisive move on that ratio.

See what a new 6.5:1 ratio costs to install to slow it down, especially for our kind of fishing over here.

Otherwise I've taken liking to the 70 size while still not as solid / quality feeling as the aforementioned 50's, they will not be going anywhere for love or money!

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:12 am

The old platform was much better/more comfy and made in Japan. But the newer breaking system is much better. If it was me, i'd grab something like the Alphas instead. Comfy, made in Japan and great breaking system.