A Benefit Concert for Arria

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

A Benefit Concert for Arria

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue May 01, 2018 7:31 pm

A friend and I are putting on a benefit concert for Arria Ingram. She is 3 yrs old and has a genetic disorder that causes the right side of her body to grow faster than the left side. She also has benign tumors growing everywhere, which is choking off her organs. At 4 months , her right foot was amputated. At 2 1/2, they had to remove up to just below her knee. Her dad is a firefighter and her mom cant work for taking care of her. She is flying back and forth to Boston children's hospital for an experimental chemotherapy. The doctors tried removing the tumors, but 5 or 6 grow back for every one that is removed. She is smart and brave, but her mom and dad are in deep debt because of this sickness. They have a gofundme https://www.gofundme.com/adrias-medical-fund and she also has an account set up at the local bank in her name. I can get that info, as well, if anyone would like to donate that way. My primary objective is for anyone who has kids of their own to say a prayer for her and her family. Btw, the gofundme has a facebook link, also, so yall can read more about her. This is close to my heart, because I lost my son almost 5 yrs ago, so I want to do everything in my power to prevent them from knowing what that feels like.

Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

jajamor93
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: A Benefit Concert for Arria

Post by jajamor93 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:45 pm

I am wishing you the best, I hope that the concert will turn out fine.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu May 03, 2018 7:21 pm

Here is her facebook page with her complete story. In spite of widespread pain, she is still smiling in almost every picture! She is a trooper!
.Arria's Story: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2156779917884953/
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri May 04, 2018 3:36 pm

Check this out. Our local fire dept is involved now. The video has almost 1000 views and 40+ shares since it was posted this morning!

https://www.facebook.com/monroefirega/v ... 581301869/

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon May 07, 2018 9:53 am

This little girl still needs your prayers and support!

jajamor93
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by jajamor93 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:44 pm

I won't be able to come in her concert, but let me include her on my prayers.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed May 09, 2018 5:14 am

jajamor93 wrote:I won't be able to come in her concert, but let me include her on my prayers.
Prayers wil be much appreciated!

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun May 13, 2018 6:42 pm

We surprised Arria, Brian and Kallie with an interview with Fox 5 Atlanta news, recorded last Thursday, which should air this coming Thursday on the morning news. We are in the home stretch now, so please continue to send kind thoughts and prayers our way, and consider a donation, if you're able. This is going to make a huge difference in her life and alleviate a lot of worry on her parents' part. We had lunch with Arria and her mom yesterday and she was saying how she and Brian had felt completely alone in this before my friend and I put this benefit together for them. She says her faith in God and humanity has been restored as a result(I take no credit for that-I simply did what I could do). I told her that Neil and I can't do anything about Arria's medical condition, but we can do SOMETHING. I sure wish more people would just "do something" instead of sitting on the sidelines in this life, only interested in their own selfish desires. Kindness is it's own reward! O:)

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu May 17, 2018 2:14 pm

Here's the interview I mentioned earlier!
http://www.fox5atlanta.com/good-day/ga- ... r-her-life