NRX??

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
mrpao
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

NRX??

Post by mrpao » Fri May 04, 2018 11:26 am

Does anyone know if a new model NRX is coming out anytime soon.
The current model has been on the market for awhile now.
New GLX, Conquest, maybe a new NRX???

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: NRX??

Post by bronzefly » Fri May 04, 2018 4:18 pm

No. The current NRX line has etched itself a legendary status among rod enthusiasts and has created a following of folks who aspire to own one someday. I for one hope they keep building this same blank for a few more years before doing any significant tweaks or modifications.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

DavidSA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DavidSA » Sun May 06, 2018 2:50 am

I'd be Ok potentially with a new make-up job but don't change the blank. 2 weeks ago down in FL and had a +9 on my NRX894 and it made me remember how well the tip on this rod keeps the big ones under control. while sensitivity hooked me at first, it is nice tip that differentiates it from some of my other nice rods at this point.

mrpao
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mrpao » Sun May 06, 2018 7:25 pm

I wouldn't mind a refresher. I have never cared for the light blue wraps.
I think a darker finish would look good.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun May 06, 2018 8:02 pm

mrpao wrote:New GLX, Conquest, maybe a new NRX???
"New" GLX is a misnomer... they have actually gone back to what made GLX so popular with the reintroduction of the MBR series.

Conquest is a brand new offering

Originally, G.Loomis answered some early chatter about the styling of the NRX by introducing the green NRX rods. They didn't sell, so they were discontinued. The original raw graphite with blue wrap NRX has steadily increased in popularity. I doubt any refresh is in the works. No reason to change a good thing.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Mon May 07, 2018 7:38 am

Their blanks are legendary in a good way. Their builds are legendary in a bad way. Their builds could use a serious refresh.

C_diesel2
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by C_diesel2 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:31 pm

toddmc wrote:Their blanks are legendary in a good way. Their builds are legendary in a bad way. Their builds could use a serious refresh.
Amen...I also dont like how they switched the warranty up from the way it was with the GLX...Still love my nrx rods...

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:34 pm

Wish there was s 855c in the NRX line

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:16 am

DavidSA wrote:I'd be Ok potentially with a new make-up job but don't change the blank. 2 weeks ago down in FL and had a +9 on my NRX894 and it made me remember how well the tip on this rod keeps the big ones under control. while sensitivity hooked me at first, it is nice tip that differentiates it from some of my other nice rods at this point.
Indeed!!!

NRX 894 is one of the best rods I have had for fishing Giant Snakehead on heavy cover in Malaysia.

The NRX 894 + Daiwa PE Special 6.3:1 has always made me smile especially for jerkbaits and all top water lures.

Never loose a single fish from it at all [-o< [-o< [-o<

Regards,
Wirinhar