Anybody else mess with the Fuego CT?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Anybody else mess with the Fuego CT?

Post by timinmo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:19 pm

There are some great package deals going on the Fuego right now. Like two Evergreen baits and a spool of Daiwa braid all for the MSRP.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:20 am

Is the Furgo CT salt-safe? It's an aluminum frame, so it should be, but I cant find a definitive answer anywhere. The more I look into them the more I think they are what I want for my kayak trolling rods.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 am

I guess I'm going to find out. A guy had 6 available on ebay at $49.99, so I had to snag one. I think it'll be a nice reel to take along when I am wading and don't want to risk getting crap all over my nicer stuff.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:09 am

tywithay wrote:I guess I'm going to find out. A guy had 6 available on ebay at $49.99, so I had to snag one. I think it'll be a nice reel to take along when I am wading and don't want to risk getting crap all over my nicer stuff.
I'd put a little tap over the arbor of the spool , to keep the salt from possibly dripping on the spool shaft and have at it..

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:24 am

I picked up a pair of them as well, but I had to pay $66 per. Still half what a pair of Tat SV's would have run me. Adding bearing to the knobs is a no-brainier, but I have never messed with a levelwind before, is there a good write-up somewhere?

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MountainMan 83 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:04 pm

Here's the schematic. Pretty simple, just place the removed parts in succession, so you know what order to place them back. Taking pictures each step is also a good Idea.

http://www.fishingreelsschematic.com/20 ... s.html?m=1

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:20 pm

MountainMan 83 wrote:Here's the schematic. Pretty simple, just place the removed parts in succession, so you know what order to place them back. Taking pictures each step is also a good Idea.

http://www.fishingreelsschematic.com/20 ... s.html?m=1
Thanks!

I got mine in the other day. They seem really nice so far! I spooled them with 30lb braid and was casting a 1/2oz jighead on a 3" paddle tail around the yard. The reel casts a mile and has a good amount of control. I am really glad I gave them a chance over spending twice as much on a Tat SV.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:19 pm

finally picked one up on ebay , brand new for $60 shipped , 6:3:1. totally awesome reel for the money. gonna get a few more.