New Daiwa?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New Daiwa?

Post by LowRange » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:07 am

It's definitely got a Korean OEM vibe about it but it does not match any known DOYO platforms.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:23 am

LowRange wrote:It's definitely got a Korean OEM vibe about it but it does not match any known DOYO platforms.
Its the LFS platform. Gen4 Abus, LFS Lews....its just that obvious. Lol
<")))><{

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:02 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:
LowRange wrote:It's definitely got a Korean OEM vibe about it but it does not match any known DOYO platforms.
I was on their site and didn't see any platforms with matching screw locations and frame shape. The LFS is the Doyo Allterrain and it is not a match.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:14 pm

That spool with the raised sides definitely doesn't look Daiwa.
I sent them an email, I think they must've got the brand wrong

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:25 pm

spookybaits wrote:That spool with the raised sides definitely doesn't look Daiwa.
I sent them an email, I think they must've got the brand wrong

It’s a daiwa. They were at the classic along with another sub 100$ reel and rod.

crankenstein
Angler
Angler

Post by crankenstein » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:40 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:
Close to the LFS yes. Exact, no.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:46 pm

I can't find any pictures from the classic or anything else for that matter.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:12 pm

Big-Bass wrote:I can't find any pictures from the classic or anything else for that matter.
We'd have already heard I figure. I think it is a brand mistake or something. Not too worried either way, not really my style of reel. I'm looking forward to Daiwa's next step up, hoping they take the Steez style sideplate to the Zillion class ($300) and maybe move those new micro mesh gears down. And as always, hoping for a Pixy SV.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:16 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
Big-Bass wrote:I can't find any pictures from the classic or anything else for that matter.
We'd have already heard I figure. I think it is a brand mistake or something. Not too worried either way, not really my style of reel. I'm looking forward to Daiwa's next step up, hoping they take the Steez style sideplate to the Zillion class ($300) and maybe move those new micro mesh gears down. And as always, hoping for a Pixy SV.
You still need to source an SV103...they are about as good as it gets from the OG Daiwa perspective! I know you love your Zillion TW SV and Chronarch MGL, but you need to try at least one.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:22 pm

Big-Bass wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
You still need to source an SV103...they are about as good as it gets from the OG Daiwa perspective! I know you love your Zillion TW SV and Chronarch MGL, but you need to try at least one.
Yeah I am kinda still keeping my eyes open. Would really like one on a new MH rod I am putting together for generalized jig/TX rig fishing. Looking at the new Curado RODS in a 7'MH and I think an SV103 would pair nicely.

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:18 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php ... ht=classic

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:44 pm

iabass8 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php ... ht=classic

I saw it, read a link to it early on, and google sent me there. Just seems odd to me. It could easily be legit, just saying it seems odd when they have a Fuego CT and Tatula CT right at the same area, then to build something like that. If it was coming seems there would be a little more released earlier. I'm more worried about what Shimano could be possibly releasing this year, Bantam said it would be something we ALL like...

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:52 am

Daiwa's version of the Casitas , being graphite frame and side plates. Probably no better than the Lew's American Hero ,which isn't bad for a cheap reel..I can buy them locally for $39.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:12 am

Plastic, Magforce, $100. :talk hand:

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:23 am

Got a reply from American legacy, they said it definitely is a daiwa.
Said will see it/know more in a few weeks