Steez RC vs Poison Ultima

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Aufaufa
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Steez RC vs Poison Ultima

Post by Aufaufa » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:16 am

who fished with these rod ?

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Steez RC vs Poison Ultima

Post by leggomye990 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:13 pm

I have a 170MH Ultima.
It's a really good rod, I have limited time with it since I got it near the end of the season last year, but from the couple outings and the few fish I landed, I can say that the rod is light, pretty well balanced with the Met13 I had on it at the time and sensitivity is really amazing. I was fishing a 1/4 tungsten swim jig with a Keitech trailer, I could feel the thing swim through grass and weeds like the rod transmitted everything on the end of the line it felt weird, but amazing. All I have to say about that rod, its just simply awesome but a bit pricey. :lol:

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:58 pm

You talking about the daiwa racing design AGS?

If so, I have entire ultima line - including the 2017 7 4' glass and 6'3 MH. Also have the entire Racing design Line up including the 2018 6 '3 skyray super tune, thats on its way. Aslo have the 2018 Ultima 6'10 bfs coming at the same time- should be any day now.

IMO, the Daiwa RD AGS are more sensitive than the Ultimas. Only problem is that Daiwa doesn't offer much in that line up.

6 3" Sky Ray Super Tune
6 4" Technical Tune SMT
6 8" Respect of '02 Were Wolf
7 1" Jigga Stick

Both Ultimas and Daiwa RD are great sensitive rods. As mentioned above - pricey

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:28 pm

Could you guys describe the power and action of the 170 MH Ultima? Is it fast, or mod-fast? Would it be comparable to say a Lommis 843 GLX or NRX?

Thanks

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:17 am

Tigerbass wrote:Could you guys describe the power and action of the 170 MH Ultima? Is it fast, or mod-fast? Would it be comparable to say a Lommis 843 GLX or NRX?

Thanks
Last edited by ayo8 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:21 am

ayo8 wrote:
Tigerbass wrote:Could you guys describe the power and action of the 170 MH Ultima? Is it fast, or mod-fast? Would it be comparable to say a Lommis 843 GLX or NRX?

Thanks
I would compare to the 843. The 843 is my fav NRX :)

Aufaufa
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Aufaufa » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:42 am

I have megabass destroyer x7 Extreme Mission and megabass destroyer x7 western flip, these are the most sensitive sticks I played
Want to buy poison ultima
g loomis conquest rods vs poison ultima ?

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:47 am

Aufaufa wrote:I have megabass destroyer x7 Extreme Mission and megabass destroyer x7 western flip, these are the most sensitive sticks I played

I have the x7 EM as well, I think that the Ultima and the X7 are almost same in sensitivity, I would say the PU is probably a bit more sensitive tho. It might be just me tho, :-k

Now that your mentioning it, I am curious to see how the PU fairs against the new Conquest rods too.

Aufaufa
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Aufaufa » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:15 am

leggomye990 wrote:
Aufaufa wrote:I have megabass destroyer x7 Extreme Mission and megabass destroyer x7 western flip, these are the most sensitive sticks I played

I have the x7 EM as well, I think that the Ultima and the X7 are almost same in sensitivity, I would say the PU is probably a bit more sensitive tho. It might be just me tho, :-k

Now that your mentioning it, I am curious to see how the PU fairs against the new Conquest rods too.
I have GLX 893C JWR, I'm sad in sensitivity :(
I buy g loomis CNQ 844C, I hope everything is fine there sensitivity
Sorry for my English

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:30 pm

Aufaufa wrote:
leggomye990 wrote:

I have GLX 893C JWR, I'm sad in sensitivity :(
I buy g loomis CNQ 844C, I hope everything is fine there sensitivity
Sorry for my English
Sad for new glx sensitivity? I sold mine due to the new reel seat, but I thought sensitivity of my 843 was very close to my nrx's.

lzeil
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lzeil » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:51 pm

imo, both are very sensitive, the steez rd has a different feel (if i keep still enough, i can pickup the background noise from the big bang, jk :lol:), you cant go wrong with either

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:20 am

leggomye990 wrote:

Agreed. I have a wad of X7's and have an Ultima 172H. The Ultima was ever slightly more sensitive than the X7's, but not by much. I feel the X7's are generally on par with the NRX's as well. It really does vary by model as my 893c NRX was way more sensitive than my 854c. The 893c was more sensitive than the X7 EM, but I liked the X7 taper better. The X7 Super Eiger is every bit as sensitive as a NRX and I've been told the Western Flip is the best of the best in the X7 line for sensitivity. I sold the 854c and replaced it with the 172H and sensitivity was much better, but the 172H wasnt as powerful of a rod. I sold the 172H due to the taper not working for my intended application as well. I still havent found a perfect 7' to 7'-2" Heavy powered jig stick, but I have a F7-71xph to try out this spring. I know it wont be as sensitive as the X7, NRX, or Ultima, but I'd rather have the appropriate taper for my intended fishing.
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

bumpererx
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bumpererx » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:31 pm

I agree about the Steez RD rods. I have the heavy jig rod and agree it is amazingly sensitive. The feeling is hard to put into words. My first fish on it literally startled me haha

BassFisher83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFisher83 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:35 am

Those that have the 7011 HRB What the taper like?

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:45 pm

bumpererx wrote:I agree about the Steez RD rods. I have the heavy jig rod and agree it is amazingly sensitive. The feeling is hard to put into words. My first fish on it literally startled me haha
Lol, 711hrb really is sensitive. I find the 6 8" to be just slightly more sensitive. There's just something about the Racing design blanks coupled with AGS carbon fiber/titanium guides that puts it in a class of its own with sensitivity.
BassFisher83 wrote:Those that have the 7011 HRB What the taper like?

I would place it at ex fast