Megabass Orochi XXX snapped

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Salty Parrot
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Megabass Orochi XXX snapped

Post by Salty Parrot » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi all, I recently bought a Megabass Orochi XXX black themis from tackletrap and it snapped on me while I was fighting the fish, it snapped around halfway the rod, is it covered under warranty?

igl00jx
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass Orochi XXX snapped

Post by igl00jx » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:22 pm

Hit up Gary, I'm sure he'll take care of you

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:23 am

igl00jx wrote:Hit up Gary, I'm sure he'll take care of you
X2

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:40 am

LowRange wrote:
igl00jx wrote:Hit up Gary, I'm sure he'll take care of you
X2
X3. Gary will let you know who to get a hold of. I never had a warranty problem with a MB rod purchased through Tackle Trap that is less than 1 year old. I broke an X4 Black Elseil and had a destruction with a lock down nut that came unglued. Both were replaced.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:49 am

Salty Parrot wrote:Hi all, I recently bought a Megabass Orochi XXX black themis from tackletrap and it snapped on me while I was fighting the fish, it snapped around halfway the rod, is it covered under warranty?
Yes, it's covered. I've sent you everything you'll need to proceed. If you need any assistance, please let me know.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Salty Parrot
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Salty Parrot » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:19 pm

So megabass doesnt have the rod in stock, its either I wait or choose a destroyer and pay difference or choose a levante with no reimbursement. Dunno wat to do.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:23 pm

Salty Parrot wrote:So megabass doesnt have the rod in stock, its either I wait or choose a destroyer and pay difference or choose a levante with no reimbursement. Dunno wat to do.
I've emailed you with several options to consider. Unfortunately I also found out today that Black Themis is on back order in Japan now until approximately May... at least you have a warranty and have options!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:28 pm

If you liked that rod a lot, just follow what Gary has provided to you and wait it out. A month and a half to be satisfied might be worth the wait. I would not downgrade if I were you just to have one but that's just me. Hope this helps!

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:25 pm

I had a similiar issue with the of my replacements and decided to wait. If it's a rod you really like, I say wait. If not, go for the upgrade.

DanTheFireman
Angler
Angler

Post by DanTheFireman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:16 am

I'm waiting on a replacement from Japan of a Super Orochi which had the tip snap. The young lady at MB USA was awesome to work with, you shouldn't have a problem. The only bad part was when she told me I could cut the rod once to make it fit a shorter tube. Ouch that hurt, really loved the rod.
fish for brains

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:35 pm

If these were the OG Destroyers, they would have never snapped :crying: I miss how tanky the older MB rods were.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:24 pm

No Doubt Megabass has got it on lock when it comes to customer service so have no worries and look forward to your new replacement Big Homie!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:42 pm

SSS wrote:If these were the OG Destroyers, they would have never snapped :crying: I miss how tanky the older MB rods were.
I've put the US Destroyers through some pretty tough trials, haven't broken one yet, other than a prototype Valdiva which was improved significantly and noticeably for production. The 1st Generation XX have proven to be very durable as well in my experience. I don't have as much time on the water with the XXX rods, but haven't broken any of those either. I did break a couple of X7's and a Phase III though. Every series will have a few that fail regardless, even some of the old ones...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:38 pm

bronzefly wrote:
SSS wrote:If these were the OG Destroyers, they would have never snapped :crying: I miss how tanky the older MB rods were.
I've put the US Destroyers through some pretty tough trials, haven't broken one yet, other than a prototype Valdiva which was improved significantly and noticeably for production. The 1st Generation XX have proven to be very durable as well in my experience. I don't have as much time on the water with the XXX rods, but haven't broken any of those either. I did break a couple of X7's and a Phase III though. Every series will have a few that fail regardless, even some of the old ones...
Most certainly, but we both know the older models were real hard to break.

Last year i smashed the tip of my xfti against a wooden bridge. Hard enough so any rod would snap or at least have some kind of a large mark on the blank. Didn't get anything on my xfti (thanks god!!), not even a blemish.

Back when the xti and xfti rods were a thing, we were never hearing of any breakage. I sure believe in that titanium reinforced blank. Not for sensitivity but durability.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:11 pm

SSS wrote:Most certainly, but we both know the older models were real hard to break.

Last year i smashed the tip of my xfti against a wooden bridge. Hard enough so any rod would snap or at least have some kind of a large mark on the blank. Didn't get anything on my xfti (thanks god!!), not even a blemish.

Back when the xti and xfti rods were a thing, we were never hearing of any breakage. I sure believe in that titanium reinforced blank. Not for sensitivity but durability.
Indeed, XFTi blanks are incredibly tough. The C40 blanks have also proven to be very tough in my experience. Now, they aren't X7 or US Destroyer sensitive, though plenty sensitive enough to feel bites in most cases.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap