Tsurinoya Rods and Reels

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
mokujon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Tsurinoya Rods and Reels

Post by mokujon » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:19 am

Been hearing quite a few good things about this company. They seem to be well made and you get pretty good bang for your buck. Does anyone have any experience with any of these rods or reels? I've been considering the Dexterity for UL or trout fishing. The Pro Flex II and the Elite II are a few other rods I've been considering. I also heard the XF50 was a great entry level reel. Any pros and cons or recommendations from everyone would be great. Thanks!

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tsurinoya Rods and Reels

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:09 pm

I have a Tsurinoya rod. Idk the model but, it's sweet. It's 4'7" and perfect for trout.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLU8do ... __e4NUcc74
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLU8do ... Ts3RL2iaY0
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:51 pm

I had their knock off of Volkey 65UL and it was nice until it broke. I'll stick to Kuying rods.

Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Loafer » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:18 pm

mokujon wrote:I also heard the XF50 was a great entry level reel. Any pros and cons or recommendations from everyone would be great.
You can seen it himself: https://youtu.be/JxBmd-Bl9Pc

sofinesse
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by sofinesse » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:34 pm

I have the pro flex II, and it is pretty awesome. Have caught trout up to 8 lbs and it handled it fine. It’s a solid tip rod with a ultra fine tip and a good amount of back bone. All the components are nice not sure they are genuine Fuji as advertised but for a bfs rod that’s under 100 it is great. On a stock t3 ballistic with 4lb I’m casting 35-40 feet with a 2.5 gram spoon which is plenty for the waters I fish. Oh I believe they also sell replacement tip sections should you ever break one which is great because I don’t thing they have tips or guides on the market currently that are small enough for the upper third of the tip section. I’ve mostly thrown spoons on this rod, but to me it has the right feel to also throw micro jigs and ultra light drop shotting. If you were to compare it to the kuying, which I also have it is much stiffer in the but end, so if you like rods with a more progressive flex go with the kuying, if you like something faster action with a good amount of back bone and what I’d call an extra fast tip get the pro flex. Hope this helps!

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:27 am

sofinesse wrote:I have the pro flex II, and it is pretty awesome. Have caught trout up to 8 lbs and it handled it fine. It’s a solid tip rod with a ultra fine tip and a good amount of back bone. All the components are nice not sure they are genuine Fuji as advertised but for a bfs rod that’s under 100 it is great. On a stock t3 ballistic with 4lb I’m casting 35-40 feet with a 2.5 gram spoon which is plenty for the waters I fish. Oh I believe they also sell replacement tip sections should you ever break one which is great because I don’t thing they have tips or guides on the market currently that are small enough for the upper third of the tip section. I’ve mostly thrown spoons on this rod, but to me it has the right feel to also throw micro jigs and ultra light drop shotting. If you were to compare it to the kuying, which I also have it is much stiffer in the but end, so if you like rods with a more progressive flex go with the kuying, if you like something faster action with a good amount of back bone and what I’d call an extra fast tip get the pro flex. Hope this helps!
Is this rod similar to the Dexterity?

Strewth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Strewth » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:20 am

sofinesse wrote:I have the pro flex II, and it is pretty awesome. Have caught trout up to 8 lbs and it handled it fine. It’s a solid tip rod with a ultra fine tip and a good amount of back bone. All the components are nice not sure they are genuine Fuji as advertised but for a bfs rod that’s under 100 it is great. On a stock t3 ballistic with 4lb I’m casting 35-40 feet with a 2.5 gram spoon which is plenty for the waters I fish. Oh I believe they also sell replacement tip sections should you ever break one which is great because I don’t thing they have tips or guides on the market currently that are small enough for the upper third of the tip section. I’ve mostly thrown spoons on this rod, but to me it has the right feel to also throw micro jigs and ultra light drop shotting. If you were to compare it to the kuying, which I also have it is much stiffer in the but end, so if you like rods with a more progressive flex go with the kuying, if you like something faster action with a good amount of back bone and what I’d call an extra fast tip get the pro flex. Hope this helps!
I have the Proflex II 632-UL with the solid tip and like it a lot. Rated for 2-8 g, and it throws the light stuff very well with a decent backbone. Excellent quality for the $

sofinesse
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by sofinesse » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:03 pm

LowRange wrote:
Is this rod similar to the Dexterity?
Have not held the dexterity, but looking at pictures on Ali express the tip action looks similar in that the solid tip is very flexible, then seems to shut off very quickly. From what I can tell the tip section on the proflex is hollow toward the rear with a fuse in solid tip section which gives it a pretty aggressive taper. Was not a fan of the spilt/ no rear grip which is why I went with the proflex.

vishus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by vishus » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:53 am

sofinesse wrote: Oh I believe they also sell replacement tip sections should you ever break one which is great because I don’t thing they have tips or guides on the market currently that are small enough for the upper third of the tip section.
do you have a link or anything on how to just get a tip?

thanks, Sid

Edward78
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Edward78 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:34 am

I have the Dexterity, ProFlex 2, and the Dragon. For me honestly I like the Dragon the best the Dexterity 2nd and I don't like the ProFlex at all but some people love it. the ProFlexs tip is super fast and super thin and I just don't like the balance between the backbone and the tip. The Dragon has an awesome action and a quality backbone that you would expect with an UL rod.

Knotty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Knotty » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:03 am

I mostly buy Kuying but have a Tsurinoya Dragon (spinning) on order because Kuying doesn't offer rods that short, 5'.

BCSG did a review of 3 Tsurinoya rod series here: https://youtu.be/2tLIJoyAZ3c