Shimano Chronarch mgl vs diawa zillion sv vs 13 fishing concept c

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Matt_3479
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Shimano Chronarch mgl vs diawa zillion sv vs 13 fishing concept c

Post by Matt_3479 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:30 pm

Looking at getting one of these reels in a 7.3 range. Love the look and feel of the concept c but hard to turn away from 2 tried and true performers. What’s your thoughts?

Will be sitting on a 7’ medium heavy fast action Kistler helium LTA rated for 1/8oz-3/4oz lures

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Shimano Chronarch mgl vs diawa zillion sv vs 13 fishing concept c

Post by leggomye990 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:52 pm

I fish with both the chronarch mgl and the zillion sv tws. To be honest, I love both of these reels. LAst year I was deciding on one or the other, I ended up getting both.

I really love how smooth the zillion sv tws feels, you can litterally chuck a lure out and not thumb the spool even once its hits the water and no back lash.

The chronarch mgl, I was using it for all sorts of stuff last year, even things that were like 1/4oz and under, and it handled them fine.

Both very good reels, you should just get both LOL

Matt_3479
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Matt_3479 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:15 am

Hahaha it’s sometimes too hard to make the decision. I did the same thing earlier this year between the Curado and the tatula and ended up with both. Well I have been debating on grabbing a crankbait rod as well so maybe I could try both. Any thoughts on the concept C though?
leggomye990 wrote:I fish with both the chronarch mgl and the zillion sv tws. To be honest, I love both of these reels. LAst year I was deciding on one or the other, I ended up getting both.

I really love how smooth the zillion sv tws feels, you can litterally chuck a lure out and not thumb the spool even once its hits the water and no back lash.

The chronarch mgl, I was using it for all sorts of stuff last year, even things that were like 1/4oz and under, and it handled them fine.

Both very good reels, you should just get both LOL

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:02 am

Matt_3479 wrote:Hahaha it’s sometimes too hard to make the decision. I did the same thing earlier this year between the Curado and the tatula and ended up with both. Well I have been debating on grabbing a crankbait rod as well so maybe I could try both. Any thoughts on the concept C though?
the 13 is not in the same league as the chronarch mgl. get the chronarch you won't be disappointed. I bought one from digitaka , $240 tyd.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:15 am

For the 3/8 to 1/8 the Zillion SV TW will be best, for the 3/8 to 3/4 the Chronarch MGL will be best. Either will work 90% of the other one though and both are fully capable of the other's mentioned range.

I really liked my Chronarch MGL a tad better than the Zillion SV TW when I first got it, was just so excited to have something different and enjoyed learning, but now that I put more and more time on the water with both, its an overall slight edge to the Zillion SV TW because of the ease of use and that super lightweight G1 spool. The Zillion SV TW's are more smooth than people mention too, I'm not sure if they share main gears with the cheaper models of the same frame (Fuego CT, Tatula CT's) but they sure feel much more smooth to me than the $100-$180 range Daiwa's.

I used a friend's Concept C before he switched to all Shimano/Daiwa and it would cast regular weighted lures a long ways, but by NO MEANS felt in the same class as the Zillion SV TW or Chronarch MGL for overall refinement. I'd personally look into the Abu Premier Gen 4 before the Concept C, even though I think all reels can be great, just personal preference the Concept C wouldn't work for my style of fishing.

Matt_3479
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Matt_3479 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:36 pm

johnD wrote:
Matt_3479 wrote:Hahaha it’s sometimes too hard to make the decision. I did the same thing earlier this year between the Curado and the tatula and ended up with both. Well I have been debating on grabbing a crankbait rod as well so maybe I could try both. Any thoughts on the concept C though?
the 13 is not in the same league as the chronarch mgl. get the chronarch you won't be disappointed. I bought one from digitaka , $240 tyd.
Thank you. I don’t know why I’m so eager to try out the concept C but I guess I’ll try to urge not too

Matt_3479
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Matt_3479 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:42 pm

I don’t know why but the concept C just has my attention every time I go into the local store but I guess I’ll try to keep away from it lol I’ll probsbly try the zillion this time around and maybe swap out my tatula on to a crankbait rod I’m debating on grabbing and then try the Chronarch on the dobyns. I just need to spread that out a bit lol. The Chronarch seems like a sweet reel, but everyone seems to lean a tad towards the zillion