Van Dam Jerkbait/Spinnerbait Rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
bassm1n
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Van Dam Jerkbait/Spinnerbait Rods

Post by bassm1n » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:50 am

Saw Kevin at a local show. He has used his signature Quantums in the 6'10 model MH for both jerkbaits and spinnerbaits. Anyone use these rods and how do you like them?

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Van Dam Jerkbait/Spinnerbait Rods

Post by cndbasshunter » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:41 am

wrong forum... :big grin:

PerchHater
Angler
Angler

Post by PerchHater » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:48 pm

cndbasshunter wrote:wrong forum... :big grin:

A more productive way to say this would be that this forum is generally directed toward high end and enthusiast tackle.
You may get a better, more articulate response from another forum outside of the Tackletour one OP.

bassm1n
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassm1n » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:17 pm

I thought the entusiast forum was for the high end stuff anf the tackle/rod forum was for all the redular stuff. Guess I did not realize comments on a 160.00 is forbidden in this forum.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:08 pm

Its a Quatum. I think that says enough.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:09 pm

Quantum has a well-deserved reputation for inferior products. They shot themselves in the foot back in the late 90's with a series of products that just didn't last(mostly reels). Their products have slowly started to gain some respect, but fishermen don't easily forget about bad experiences/products. "If it ain't Daiwa or Shimano...." is prevalent here, and for good reason. With the exception of a very few missteps from these 2 companies, they have always made solid, dependable equipment that has, and will continue to, stand the test of time.....and their retail prices reflect that quality.
With that being said, I have used a few Quantum rods and they seemed to be high-quality up front. I can't speak to their longevity, because I never keep off-the-shelf rods long enough to know.
To the OP, you are absolutely entitled to ask about any rod in the rods section. But with it being a Quantum product.......good luck! 8-[
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

PerchHater
Angler
Angler

Post by PerchHater » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:34 am

With all that being said, don't let this ruin your experience with the TT forum. There is a wealth of knowledge here :D

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:32 pm

PerchHater wrote:With all that being said, don't let this ruin your experience with the TT forum. There is a wealth of knowledge here :D
That's what I was saying, as well...in a roundabout way. The explanation was for the OP, and for anyone else who is new(er) here. 8-)
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

bassm1n
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassm1n » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:52 pm

Thanks all. Since joining TT over 11 years ago I have always felt comfortable asking anything I wanted. Usually if the question is stupid or no one has anything to offer yhe post goes unanswered. I was just a little surprised that the response seemed to question the question rather than just letting it die a normal Quantum death. Thanks for the substantive responses.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:05 pm

bassm1n wrote:Thanks all. Since joining TT over 11 years ago......
Sorry man, my reference to "new(er)" folks wasn't directed at you, but rather to newer people who might read the thread and get the wrong idea about us collectively. I hope no one took it that way.