NRX tip twist

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
dennis_rf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

NRX tip twist

Post by dennis_rf » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:21 pm

Dear TackleTour community,
dear anyone who also owns a NRX 802c

I bought this stick last black friday and noticed a for my liking rather extreme twist in the tip under load. Never noticed sth like that in any other rod I own (Shimano, MajorCraft, NFC custom builds...) Nor when handling the same stick of other people I have met in the past.
From the anglers end of the rod it looks super off, even more than in the pictures.
Strangely it always twists to the right, to make it jump to the left it needs a lot of rotation and also does not twist that far then.

Further I have noticed the rod wasn't built with the spring point of the blank centred - I don't expect that from chinese manufacturers but at that price point I sure did.

So please let me know what you think about that.

Cheers
Dennis
Attachments
IMG_01.JPG
IMG_01.JPG (31.56 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
IMG_02.JPG
IMG_02.JPG (42.1 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
IMG_03.JPG
IMG_03.JPG (29.91 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
IMG_04.JPG
IMG_04.JPG (35.69 KiB) Viewed 4201 times

vinnieb729
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: NRX tip twist

Post by vinnieb729 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:35 pm

Could be the tip top is simply glued on a little crooked.

Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Post by Mattman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:52 am

I'm guessing that your tip top is on a little crooked. Look at it while not under load. Its also possible that it is not glued well and can shift.

The big factories build casting rods incorrectly (IMO). All casting rods should be built with the running guides on the under side of the blank like a spinning rod is. Pressure from the fish pulls that line to the lowest possible position that it can go. A big fish and a light powered or really soft blank can result in the blank twisting. The line is just trying to get to the lowest point possible. High end G. Loomis or low end Chinese, it doesn't matter.

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=29486

Image[/URL]
Matt Davis
Otterods-High performance fishing rods

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:52 am

No experience with NRX but a lot of rods Will do that unless acid wrapped IMHO

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:51 pm

There was a spiral-wrap craze on this forum 7-8 years ago. I guess I was always worried about bending and breaking eyes from laying them on the deck or on up against stuff. spiral-wrap makes sense from a performance standpoint, I am still a bit surprised manufacturers never bit. If megabasd or st.Croix did it I would have given it a try. I still don't have deep enough pockets for a custom rod with a high end blank.