EG GT2 RS x ZPRIDE 17 FMT

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
chriso916
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

EG GT2 RS x ZPRIDE 17 FMT

Post by chriso916 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:01 am

Yo! Been far too long since I've procured anything TT worthy. I just couldn't resist these offerings and found the pair to be quite a match. In my experience with some of these JDM rods with a wide spectrum, they tend to suit the low/mid range of their rating best for my fishing preferences. Of the half dozen EG rods I've owned (2 Kaleidos), the other half dozen JDM rods, and the handful of custom loomis/NFC builds, this is the ONE. The Evergreen Super Stallion GT2 RS balances perfectly for a tip up presentation, and feels extremely light in hand while commanding perfect control over bottom contact baits - I'm sure it would shine under just about any circumstance but it really pairs well to my fishing style.

Received this rod about 2 weeks ago and have been blessed with warm weather and a glimpse of pre-spawn (This rod has seen solid action and BIG fish over the past 14 days). Action/power/performance are perfectly aligned with what I'd expect from EG's top offering. ***This is a replacement for my old Metanium MG7 with full AVAIL tune. So far so good!

Combined with the ZPI Z-Pride 17 and i have the best technology available...at least as far as I know

So here's a few snaps of this beauty.....Hope y'all enjoy: This setup has proven to be a beast on the water :mrgreen:

ImageImage

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: EG GT2 RS x ZPRIDE 17 FMT

Post by Cristo » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:24 pm

Super ballz! Nice specimens and great come up for sure!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:48 pm

Amazing combo, nice fish too, congratulations =D> I'm always interested in new Evergreen Super Stallion models. If the newest incarnate is as good as the original, it's a winner. That Z-Pride is a work of art too. I have a lot of respect for the engineering that goes into ZPI products!!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:49 am

Nice combo and fish!!!! I didn't realize there was a new Super Stalllion. One day I'd like to have one of those rods.....

chriso916
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by chriso916 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:35 pm

Thanks guys!! Always fun seeing the new gear in this forum so glad to be able to finally share something.

y2k88
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by y2k88 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:18 am

Looks sharp!

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:33 pm

Dang. That's some fancy gear and toad to go with it. Thanks for sharing