China/aliexpress gear?

Tips on tippets and more. Come share your secrets about the art of fly fishing or help fellow anglers immerse themselves in this escapist's technique.
Dominikk85
Angler
Angler

China/aliexpress gear?

Post by Dominikk85 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:34 pm

Has anyone tried the fly fishing rods from China? I know there are some decent casting rods for a good price like the kuying rods so I wonder if those rods can be good budget rods or whether they are just garbage.

fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: China/aliexpress gear?

Post by fffishing » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:03 pm

It's like a lottery... :mrgreen: you can use,of course! A lot of guys really proud of themself...to get cheap "great staff" :lol: But! Don't be angry,when one day this rod simply crack to two parts(what is happen with a couple my friends).
I think,it's a garbage :sick:

Edward78
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Edward78 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:44 am

Dominikk85 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:34 pm
Has anyone tried the fly fishing rods from China? I know there are some decent casting rods for a good price like the kuying rods so I wonder if those rods can be good budget rods or whether they are just garbage.
I have ordered 2 from MaxCatch but haven't received them yet. I ordered a 9' 6wt and a 7'6 3wt, will give you an update when they arrive.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:42 pm

Edward78 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:44 am
Dominikk85 wrote:
I have ordered 2 from MaxCatch but haven't received them yet. I ordered a 9' 6wt and a 7'6 3wt, will give you an update when they arrive.
I have one of their 13' tenkara rods, but I still haven't fished it yet. One if these days...
This is the way.

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:35 pm

Edward78 wrote:
Dominikk85 wrote:
Just curious how these turned out as I have just discovered the world of fly fishing and would like to get a few cheaper rods until i decide to go all in.
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

Edward78
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Edward78 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:21 am

1nutinthewater wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:35 pm
Edward78 wrote:
Dominikk85 wrote:
Just curious how these turned out as I have just discovered the world of fly fishing and would like to get a few cheaper rods until i decide to go all in.
They took a while to arrive because of them not having any tips sections for ultralight model in stock but they did end up sending 2 tip section to that model for making me wait I guess. The rods action are decent and fish well but on the 6wt Maximumcatch Black Star the dots to line up the line guides are in the wrong spots on the rod blank and are useless and on the 3wt Maximumcatch Ultralight the dots are right but there is one small imperfection in the Gel/epoxy coating on the rod. Besides what I mentioned the rods are light and balanced and the line weights and actions are accurate to the descriptions So are the rods worth the money, I would say yes but long term use will be the true test.