Some Daiwa questions

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Some Daiwa questions

Post by goldrod » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:03 pm

Where is this Ape Zillion? How much was / is it and does anyone here have one? I want to know if there is any real
(not perceived) differences in it?

The Steez.. Most steez spools are what size?
Is the Steez EX the exceptiond? I am trying to figure out if a og zillion spool will fit into the steez EX?

Thanks..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Some Daiwa questions

Post by goldrod » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:36 pm

VinnyOA wrote:I like your signature ,very deep.
Thanks..!
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:41 pm

OG Zillion spool will not fit in a Steez. I have no idea what the Ape Zillion is.
<")))><{

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:07 pm

I was looking at jdmfishing but I've never seen any for sale not a one..
I've seen some nice collections on here but dont remember seeing any here either.. its probably a lung, liver and kidney to buy.
I'm curious to the performance of the reel or is it just a paint job. either way.. i want to know if i can sit at the table and get one.

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:31 pm

I know of two people that have them and all I will say is good luck in your search if you’re trying to acquire one. They rarely come up for sale and I haven’t seen one for some time. Original price in 2010 was 40,000 yen. Last one I saw for sale was $400 in near mint condition. As for any increased performance over a regular zillion I can not say with any certainty.

Yellafella
Angler
Angler

Post by Yellafella » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:48 am

goldrod wrote:
VinnyOA wrote:I like your signature ,very deep.
Thanks..!
What are we after? I'd like to know fishing gear is bloody expensive ](*,)

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:51 am

Good Lord that's one ugly color. Looks like somebody puked up a Zillion. If you want green, the Cabelas edition is my vote.
<")))><{

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:55 am

I know someone who will part with a Zillion like that. It is used and has some marks.... :whistle:
As for the Steez spools, all of them will swap between all generations. They are all 34mm spools, same as the TD-Z.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:20 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:
Good Lord that's one ugly color. Looks like somebody puked up a Zillion. If you want green, the Cabelas edition is my vote.
Hah, I kinda like it. Not enough to spend the money on a real one, but if I ever get into painted reels, a BAPE zillion knockoff is high on the list. It's thematicly appropriate too, I think there are more BAPE bootlegs out there then actual product.

My favorate thing from that collab is the hoodie, but even if I could accept paying that much for a cotton hoodie, I don't think Japanese double XL will fit me.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:36 am

Houndfish wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:
Hah, I kinda like it. Not enough to spend the money on a real one, but if I ever get into painted reels, a BAPE zillion knockoff is high on the list. It's thematicly appropriate too, I think there are more BAPE bootlegs out there then actual product.

My favorate thing from that collab is the hoodie, but even if I could accept paying that much for a cotton hoodie, I don't think Japanese double XL will fit me.
2XL in Japan is like a SMedium here. :lol:
<")))><{