Daiwa Millionaire (CV-Z 103) drag question

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Daiwa Millionaire (CV-Z 103) drag question

Post by Big-Bass » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:18 am

Do these reels (standard 103 JDM models) have a clicking drag or does it just tighten and loosen without the clicking mechanism? Did the Ito version, the Light, or the Ringa versions have any difference in drag? Thanks!

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa Millionaire (CV-Z 103) drag question

Post by Big-Bass » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:23 am

Also, when fully loosened, does the star drag have a slight wobble side to side? Thanks!

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:50 pm

No clicking drag star, unless you add the clicky conversion kit from The Tackle Trap. Then you need another star that works with the click mechanism. And no, the star wont have any play in it when it is backed off. The threaded hub is modular with the star part. The drag star on the Tatula, Tat CT, Tat SV and Zillion SV TW all are held with a spring and float on the nut that actually applies pressure to the drag washers. That type of drag star will have play if you press firmly in towards the reel, much the same as most current Shimano reels.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:01 pm

Ok...so that's good about the non-clicking drag star. Onto the other part...the one I received today (CV-Z 103) doesn't have any play in the star drag when tightened or slightly tightened, but just before being fully backed off (really loose), there is some side-to-side wobble. Any idea what could/would be causing this? I wish I could post a video to show what I mean.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:07 pm

Here is the schematic...

http://www.plat.co.jp/img-data/parts/cvz.pdf

Do I need to look into replacing parts? Thank you!

Josh-G
Angler
Angler

Post by Josh-G » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:46 am

The dragstar on my Millionaire "wobbles" too when it´s all backed up/loosened. It´s been like that from day one, didn´t get worse and is no problem.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:22 am

Josh-G wrote:The dragstar on my Millionaire "wobbles" too when it´s all backed up/loosened. It´s been like that from day one, didn´t get worse and is no problem.
What model do you have of the Millionaire...a 103 or the USD market ones? Thanks!

surge
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by surge » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:46 am

I have several JDM models and there is wobble all right. Nothing to worry about.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:50 pm

That's good to hear. Can't wait to get this reel out on the water!