Bantam mgl usa vs. Japan

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Bantam mgl usa vs. Japan

Post by zodiak311 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:15 pm

After watching the videos, the Bantam looks like what a Z1016 could have been, are you listening Daiwa!?!?

Stop T winging me to death. ](*,)
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:21 pm

zodiak311 wrote:After watching the videos, the Bantam looks like what a Z1016 could have been, are you listening Daiwa!?!?

Stop T winging me to death. ](*,)
Ain't that the truth! It looks like a Shimano I might actually spring for. Nothing in the last 5 yrs has wowed me, so maybe this is the one. :-k
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:23 pm

zodiak311 wrote: Stop T winging me to death. ](*,)
You don't like the t-wing?

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:45 pm

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
When are you expecting them to arrive at TTT??? On the subject of line guides, does the Bantam have that conical shape design the Aldebaran does or not???

paulito
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by paulito » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:02 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
paulito wrote:Oh man can't wait to punch and flip with the bantam
I'm reading for summer small mouth fishing with the supposed shallow spool. Don't really need another reel, but I've already got a rod picked for this one.
HAHAHA I dont think many of us on here NEED another reel (* bait monkey whispers " but you need another reel")

Markanthony404
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Markanthony404 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:26 pm

paulito wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
I'm reading for summer small mouth fishing with the supposed shallow spool. Don't really need another reel, but I've already got a rod picked for this one.
HAHAHA I dont think many of us on here NEED another reel (* bait monkey whispers " but you need another reel")
I don't NEED another reel I just want one, and the Bantam MGL is gonna be in my boat this year. :big grin:

paulito
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by paulito » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:08 am

Markanthony404 wrote:
paulito wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
I don't NEED another reel I just want one, and the Bantam MGL is gonna be in my boat this year. :big grin:
Oh with my metanium mgl's, aldebaran, conquests and many more, I think I still NEED a Bantam hahaha.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:36 am

DirtyD64 wrote: When are you expecting them to arrive at TTT??? On the subject of line guides, does the Bantam have that conical shape design the Aldebaran does or not???
They haven't given us an exact date as to when they'll arrive at The Tackle Trap, pre-orders are still being accepted and are filled first come first served. Sometime in March hopefully, but as with any new release, it's subject to when they ship from the manufacturer. The left hand versions won't be available until Summer sometime it appears. Regarding the line guide, I don't know the answer to that question.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:01 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
When are you expecting them to arrive at TTT??? On the subject of line guides, does the Bantam have that conical shape design the Aldebaran does or not???
Looking at videos on You Tube, it looks like the reel has the cone shape line guide.

chreim20
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by chreim20 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:26 am

It is a cone shaped line guide, it looks to be more like the new Antares then the old Aldebaran/core line guides.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:48 am

joekaz wrote:Looking at videos on You Tube, it looks like the reel has the cone shape line guide.
Thats actually a great feature - stupid that most other casting reels dont have / come with that profiled line guide...

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:56 am

Im told April for righties and June for lefties.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:00 am

Slazmo wrote:
joekaz wrote:Looking at videos on You Tube, it looks like the reel has the cone shape line guide.
Thats actually a great feature - stupid that most other casting reels dont have / come with that profiled line guide...
Hate to say it coming from a Daiwa guy, but you get 95% of the advantages of a T-Wing from that cone I assume. Saves a few extra moving parts also, even though Daiwa's trip system for the T-Wing is purdy clean already.

chreim20
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by chreim20 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:01 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
Slazmo wrote:
Hate to say it coming from a Daiwa guy, but you get 95% of the advantages of a T-Wing from that cone I assume. Saves a few extra moving parts also, even though Daiwa's trip system for the T-Wing is purdy clean already.
Truth :-({|=