16 Adlebaron BFS XG ????

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
RIng
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

16 Adlebaron BFS XG ????

Post by RIng » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:00 am

Hi all ! Is the 16 Adlebaron BFS the best BFS reel for XUL BFS with the lightest bates ? How much can it be improved with new barrens and spool . I am building a XXUL BFS rod and am looking for the best reel for it . Is there a point where using lighter line dos not help with light lures ? Thank you all for your help and info .

Dominikk85
Angler
Angler

Re: 16 Adlebaron BFS XG ????

Post by Dominikk85 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:51 pm

I have not fished it but I know some guys who have it and they said thjs reel is currently the gold standard. However bfs is getting bigger and abu and daiwa might be working on matching that.

I also know a guy who has fished the alde and scorpion bfs and he said the alde is slightly better but scorpion almost gets there and the price is very nice.

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:43 pm

I have one. I love the reel but it does feel like a toy to me because it is so small and light. If you can get that out of your head, it is a sweet little reel.

I don't know why you would want to change the spool, it is a BFS weight rated spool.

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ss30378 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:52 pm

Factory stock yes the aldebaran bfs is the most capable reel along with the conquest bfs which has an equally light spool. The scorpion bfs spool is a little heavier so you'll give up a little casting the lightest baits. The ktf spool is a little lighter than factory one and would be the best for the tiniest of baits. Bearings especially those with with low startup like the hedgehog air bfs bearings make a noticeable improvement on bfs reels especially. But you may get some improvement by simply flushing the stock bearings and oiling them with a very light oil.