Imx pro

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
bronzebacks
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Imx pro

Post by bronzebacks » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:01 pm

Now that it has been out awhile anyone have any time and opinions on them?

arrowslinger1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Imx pro

Post by arrowslinger1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:16 pm

I have been fishing the 894 for a while, I am impressed with its sensitivity. They are leaps and bounds ahead of the previous model. I am thinking about another soon.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:15 pm

arrowslinger1 wrote:I have been fishing the 894 for a while, I am impressed with its sensitivity. They are leaps and bounds ahead of the previous model. I am thinking about another soon.
Well stated and I agree. The IMX-PRO line is bringing the IMX name back to relevancy. I tried to like the previous generation, but generally didn't after fishing quite a few of them. IMX-PRO presents a nice value for the non E6X, non GLX/NRX level angler looking to step up to a very high quality, made in the US Loomis rod.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fffishing » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:27 pm

Just got 802 ... First impression-very light,longer and more convenient handle (then old series).Taper should work fine with jerks...Don't have a chance to try yet,maybe next week will be better weather,-let your know how is it(if someone interesting)

bronzebacks
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bronzebacks » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:29 pm

I got a 853c and to be honest im not very impressed. It feel it's a little tip heavy with my Chronarch mgl. For 300$ rod i feel like it should balance better. It also feels heavy for a rod in that price range but its probably the balance issue. I got spoiled by my xx rods i guess. After spending way to much $$! I think the fast action rods are what i really like.